• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hey everyone,

Our BRC 6 audit is coming up on July 2nd. I just want to make sure as many elements are covered as possible.

If anyone had any advice or tips on things you may have missed or something we may not have even thought of.

Thanks!

Wine Gum

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 61 thanks
Good

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi Deepakmore

For me there is only one way to do it and that is to take your BRC standard and check the requirements against  procedures, instructions, records etc. Is there evidence available for all requirements as in the BRC standard?

I went through every sentence in the standard and cross-checked it against our companies  procedures to ensure everything was covered. 

Regards

Makayla

Thanked by 1 Member:

Deepakmore

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

I would just like to thank all the people from all around for your questions and input in this forum. We had our BRC assessment audit July 2nd  and 3rd with 8 minors (A Grade),  .

This took 7 months to work on. I spent a lot of time on the site reading and learning about BRC and what to expect which truly helped out. We decided not to have a pre-audit.  When you add quality responsibility to all the departments you can see a difference. Thanks again to all of you.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,845 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hi Deepak,

Well done and best wishes from all at the IFSQN. This is exactly what this forum is all about, it helps you get the result, saves time and maybe even money.

A A grade first time of asking is very good going; can you say what the 8 minors were and perhaps we can discuss CAPA?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Deepakmore

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Dear Simon,

thanlks, NC as follows

1. Objectives for the year 2013, No. 3, 5 are not with time target and monitoring method. e.g Control of Packaging materials wastage
  2. The flow diagrams For Effervescent tablets of HACCP manual  did not include water which is used in wet granulation for binder solution making
  3. Copy of the Quality manual was not available as per distribution list e.g Manager QC
  4. Documented procedure of for the approval and monitoring of suppliers of services not evident
  5. Reports of forward traceability done was not being maintained by the company .Only backward traceability is being maintained
  6. SOP for  Product safety during  emergency does not address  man made calamities like sabotage , labour unrest , RM shortage etc
  7. Street clothes and uniforms are found stored in the same locker.
  8. Trend analysis report for pest monitoring not evident.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,845 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Dear Simon,

thanlks, NC as follows

1. Objectives for the year 2013, No. 3, 5 are not with time target and monitoring method. e.g Control of Packaging materials wastage
  2. The flow diagrams For Effervescent tablets of HACCP manual  did not include water which is used in wet granulation for binder solution making
  3. Copy of the Quality manual was not available as per distribution list e.g Manager QC
  4. Documented procedure of for the approval and monitoring of suppliers of services not evident
  5. Reports of forward traceability done was not being maintained by the company .Only backward traceability is being maintained
  6. SOP for  Product safety during  emergency does not address  man made calamities like sabotage , labour unrest , RM shortage etc
  7. Street clothes and uniforms are found stored in the same locker.
  8. Trend analysis report for pest monitoring not evident.

A real mixed bag Deepak, and helps you to improve.

If you would like any specific input on any of the actions just ask.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users