Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Would anyone be willing to share a Recall SOP?  We are developing our system elements relating to "Product Withdrawal and Recall" and I'm hoping that someone might be willing to share a template/give input.

Thanks!

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

There are many elements to a Product Recall SOP, and how you plan to incorporate into your quality manual.

I have in the past (and still do) resisted having it as part of Crisis Management, but I have seen SOP that incorporate everything under the one umbrella.

My procedure / plan tells me what I'm going to do if I need to recall or withdraw a product.

Firstly, what may instigate a recall (different scenarios, which I have risk assessed)

Who will be in my team, Who do I need to tell, Who will carry out traceability exercise  and who will communicate with customers and the like (EHO, BRC etc)

It also acts as an aide memoire to remind whoever is chair person what may need to be done

Retrieval of stock, resampling of retained product, retesting of product. Disposing of product. Who will arrange it, who will do it. Are they approved to do it? will it be witnessed destruction?

Templates of records that we will complete and how these records will be utelised and retained. An uptodate contact list.

Don't forget to have a review template, so that after the Recall, you can review corrective actions.

Cazx

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users