Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

This week, some changes were made within our company that changed the following things:

1. The position of COO has been changed to CEO.

2. The employee who was the  "VP of Operations" became the CEO and the "VP position" is being eliminated and replaced by "Plant Manager".

There are about 6 documents where we named names and those were a given that they need to be changed/revised. Then I began to dig further and depending on the answers to these questions...I may be working very long hours for a while :)

In our policies, there is a section that lists the responsible parties...almost all of them do list the COO and VP of operations (not their names, just the titles)-but would it be expected that each of these documents

a. gets changed to reflect the current titles (I would assume so)

b. does each and every document then need an official "REVISION" due to the change?

I feel led to believe the answer is yes, but given the amount of work involved in doing this-I wanted to run it past all of you for feedback before I proceed. Who knows, maybe a COO and CEO are enough of the same thing that no changes need to be made...

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

A. Your assumption is correct.

B. Yes

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

imadoughguy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Building Redemptive Relationships, Self Improvement, Cars, Fishing, Home Improvement, Serving Others and Seeing Positively Impacted People in my Wake. :-)

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

I agree with GOC.

Hopefully you can pare down the number of documents with individuals names, I think I have only two or three including the Org Chart and Alternates Chart.... now that I think about it, I probably have four or five.... :-)

We use a document management program (Safefood 360) that makes keeping up with revisions a snap. Used to try to do it with Word Files and Excel Workbooks... that got very cumbersome and not reliable pretty fast.

Good Luck
Phil in Orlando

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yes you have to do both... trust me when I say that for me revision numbers change all too often.  Sometimes if it's just a typo I don't change the revision or a missing line in my form with excel but anything substantial needs a new revision.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

imadoughguy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Building Redemptive Relationships, Self Improvement, Cars, Fishing, Home Improvement, Serving Others and Seeing Positively Impacted People in my Wake. :-)

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I agree with Merle, I also don't upload a full revision for typo's and minor wording changes. In fact I state that in my document control policy.

Documents are re-issued after changes have been made

The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the re-issue of documents. All documents are reissued after 4 editing changes have been made (typos’ and nomenclature) and immediately if substantive changes are made.

We use Safefood 360 to manage our FSQMS documents and programs, that really simplifies keeping up with revisions, and best of all, approval notices and attached documents are automatically sent to the people that need to read and approve.

Phil 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users