• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi all,

I wonder if any if you can help me?  I have been asked to draw up a HACCP for animal feed as we hope to send our waste product for animal feed.  Basically the product is fine but broken so we cannot use it and we would be grinding it down and bagging it to hopefully send for animal feed.  I presume I would just start my HACCP from when we 'bin' the waste product for grinding?  I do not have to include my actual HACCP from ingredient intake through the production process? 

All help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Dear waferthin,

http://www.ifsqn.com...eed/#entry63728

there are others here also.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

DP2006

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Waferthin,

We don't know what type of product you are talking about. You only say it is your waste product .... but from what type of food processing, meat, fish, cereal, baking etc?

In general there is more emphasis today on ensuring the safety of food throughout the whole supply chain "farm to fork" and this of course includes animal feed.

If I was an animal feed producer and I wanted to include your "waste" product, my view is that your HACCP Plan should include all the steps for your production process ie from your starting material through to the finished product and then the part of the process that deals with the waste product you want to supply for anaimal feed.

As an animal feed producer, I would want to know what controls you have on food safety hazards (biological, chemical, physical) in the waste product. My own harzard analysis would then decide if these are adequate to manage the risk.

I have a lot of experience in developing waste products for use in petfood but I need to know more to help you.

Hope this helps!

Please comment further or send me a message if you want more help.

Best wishes.

DP2006

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users