• 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Dear members,

Can you please advise me on the following:

The current product using for carcass disinfection is Chlorine 10-12% and the following are the dosage set in different stations/areas. We are planning to switch on to Silver peroxide. Please advice me the concentration needs to be set in place of chlorine.

Chlorine concentration in ppm:                                                  Silver peroxide Concentration in ppm/%

De- feathering (DF) 25ppm

Vent cutter (VC) 40ppm

Opening  machine 40ppm

Evisceration 50ppm

Vacuum 40ppm

Final wash 70ppm

Air tunnel 40ppm 

Also I would be very grateful if some one can share me the HACCP - Processing and pathogen reduction program especially for Salmonella.

Thank you

Aj

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Dear anjla,

i would suggest you obtain some credible documents for your intended silver peroxide chemical that validate the safety of such a compound for food use. For example, approval by the USFDA.

I hv no direct experience with this product. This brief discussion might be of interest -

Attached File  silver peroxide vs chlorine dioxide.pdf   1.16MB   26 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Dr.Des

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I would have thought that your supplier of Silver peroxide would be in a position to supply documentation that would show the antimicrobial efficacy of their product and to supply recommended concentrations for use.  Presumably they have validated the product for use in food production - if they haven't I'd be very wary of using it. The sort of efficacy testing they should have done would be similar to this as a very bare minimum, but there's a whole raft of this type of testing that is generally done on such products :http://www.en-standa...ements-phase-1/

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users