Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

Hi all, i'm establishing production worksheet for  production operation 24 hours.. and machines produce product, packed by worker.. appreciate if u suggest to me what's the thing i needed add in production worksheet  

rohit

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

For developing production worksheet you need to have following,

1.Date-Shift-Shift incharge

2.hourly/hf. hourly timing column

3.Machine no.

4.Process control parameter (eg. temp, pressure ,Rh, etc)

5.Qty of production in one hr.

6.No. of packet packed

7.Packing integrity check/lable/coding check

8.counter sign by incharge

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Dear Rohit, 

can you elaborate more on hourly timing column and Quantity of production in one hr? 

Thanked by 2 Members:

scppvjune

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Thailand
    Thailand

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Dear Carine,

Processing records should be established based on your processing steps. You should list controlled parameters for each processing step and design your inspection form based on the controlled parameters.

In general all processing records should include title of inspection form (e.g. name of processing step), inspection date, name with signature of inspector, name with signature of reviewer and reviewing date, control parameter specification, and monitoring information / data.

If there are many machines / lines, the record should clearly indicate which line or machine involved.

If the controlled parameters need to be inspected more than once a day according to the pre-detemined frequency, inspection time should to be clearly shown.

If controlled parameters are monitored from a group of products (randomly sample products), raw data for individual product should be shown on records as well as average data.

The bottom line the inspection records should be properly designed to shown how good of your controlling system and good records can be used as evidences for due diligence.

Regards,

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Dear carine,

if you only want generic answers which may / may not be useful, yr OP is suitably vague.

if you want specifics,  any production data list requires a product / process / objective(s).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

MCIAN

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 100 posts
  • 41 thanks
Good

• Philippines
    Philippines
  • Interests:Law of attraction & Meditation

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hi Carine,

Please see attached sample of our Folding Machine Worksheet.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Attached Files

Thanked by 4 Members:

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

Thanks MCIAN!

Our continue production run 24 hours, and produce product every 30 minutes (by machines) I was wondering 

the frequency record down the quantity was every cycle or lum sum it at the end of the day. Need u all some input, thank in advance 

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

anybody knows about this?? 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

OK, I'll bite. :smile: 

What is "this" ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

On our production sheet in the filling room of a yogurt factory they do 15 minute checks on a process that constantly produces cups throughout that time.

It is mostly a quality check form noting the weights of 6 cups (1 per lane), foil integrity, etc.  However while it's not a quality parameter the operations management asked if we could put a block at the top for total cups made on the shift for their records that they could see at the end of the day.  This was so they could see how many were put out of the filler and before any waste or quality samples were pulled.

The information you will need on your sheet is really just dependent on the information you need in general.  Do you want to know the exact quantity made throughout the day by half hour or do you just need to know how much you made.  Answer that and you'll have the answer to your last post.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Carine, I'm going to "bite" too.

The whole idea of a production worksheet is so that you can capture data that will formulate part of your due diligence defence.

As part of your HACCP risk assessments you should have established what you want to test or record and at what frequency.

Unfortunately, this is something that you will need to formulate, using the kind of information supplied by Rohit and Mcian.

Caz

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

Dear carine,

if you only want generic answers which may / may not be useful, yr OP is suitably vague.

if you want specifics,  any production data list requires a product / process / objective(s).

Rgds / Charles.C

Exactly, for a better response let us know what products and the type of machine/packaging please Carine.

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

Hi, this my draft for production worksheet, appreciate if u can drop ur comments here. thanks in advance. 

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Waleri

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Thank You!!!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi, this my draft for production worksheet, appreciate if u can drop ur comments here. thanks in advance. 

Dear carine,

I would like to help but I find it difficult to evaluate a form which has no context. ie What is the form for and what do the letters mean ?.

Hopefully other people will recognize the form's objectives more easily.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

Our product is tube ice, the form function is to record down no of bag ice we produce and d alphabet is type of product packaging.Colour raffia string is meant for product batches.  

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

Dear carine,

Thks for info.

I presume tube ice means “small” individual pieces like from a restaurant freezer.

Some Info. to understand process –

Approx. Number of machines.

approx. Number of packing stations, tables, whatever..

Scheduling of packing, eg at one time, all packing goes to one weight form / one alphabet ( eg 15kg-T)? or  changing all the time for both parameters, eg every 15mins?

Meaning of the caption “Quantity”,   = a total weight, or a number of bags ?

“Time record” = fixed interval of  recording data for “Quality” column, eg every 1 hr ? or a changing interval due to packing schedule variations ?

General comments

IMEX  it helps to state the basic sampling procedure at bottom of form, 1-2 lines of text.

It is conventional to include “Units” for each Column caption where a precise value is recorded.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:21 AM

Dear Charles, 

thanks for the prompt reply.. we got 10 machines, and packing done manually by raffia string (batch recognition) in production room, time record means whenever there is machines off (off for break), then no. of pack ice shall be count.(not so sure if this necessary) .. Btw, i'm not understand d general comments that u gave, can u elaborate further??     

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Dear carine,

Thks for reply.

I’ll try and summarise the production –

(1) There are 10 ice machines.  This sheet is for 1 shift and 1batch (= 1 colour raffia string) as produced in total from 10 ice machines  and X human packers

(2) Any batch  may contain a mixture of packaging weights somehow visually separatable / countable into grades / varieties  denoted by  7, A, T, C, B (whatever these mean is unknown).

(3) A counting of the total packed bags generated per time interval for each weight variety  is carried out  when packing is temporarily stopped.

I hv filled in a possible set of data with some adjusted table formats based on above + some guesses.

Attached File  test1 - Production Worksheet.doc   62KB   162 downloads

For example, hv assumed a short, 1step shift of varying times per machine.

I assume the output from each ice machine is separated to one group of packers so count/machine is controllable.

I assume the quantity entered in each cell of the “Quantity” column is the amount produced in time interval since previous packing stop. So total production is obtained by totalling all the individual  values in Q column.

As per my understanding, there is no required calculation to show the amount packed from each machine ?

Errors will probably indicate my lack of understanding the  operation.

I’m sure there will be errors. :smile:

Re - My “general comments” .

2nd one is illustrated by my test-example format changes.

1st one relates to yr lower table, eg  how often are samples taken for inspection of the seal ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

Tks Charles..

I was wondering the frequency of checking integrity of plastic bag? Any input?  

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Tks Charles..

I was wondering the frequency of checking integrity of plastic bag? Any input?  

Dear carine,

It depends on a variety of factors.

For a typical shift -

How many hours ?

How many sealing units  used ?

how many (aprox.) sealed bags produced / SU / hr ?

how are seals tested, non-destructively, tear-test, both ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Only 1 unit sealing machine and it produce 3000 bag per day in 3 hours, any standard or guideline the frequency of checking integrity of plastic bag? 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

Dear carine,

I don’t quite understand how 1 day  = 3 hours but never mind. :smile:

I deduce you are talking about setting up the on-line production control of an automated sealing unit (approx. 1000bags sealed / hr), eg systems like –

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Heat_sealer

Various seal testing methods exist depending on yr specifications. And similarly for a sampling plan, eg AQL based or empirical ?

Bit outside my  knowledge base, packaging experts here can probably provide more relevant  responses.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm not a packaging expert but I agree with Charles it may be more of an issue of what your risk analysis / sampling plan says.

I worked in pasta and our film "bags" of product was tested on the line, I believe, once an hour and the check was recorded on the operators paperwork.

Also the lab checked all 3 seals the next day on one sample an hour + 1 startup/shutdown sample before we opened any of them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

Only 1 unit sealing machine and it produce 3000 bag per day in 3 hours, any standard or guideline the frequency of checking integrity of plastic bag? 

Hi Carine,

Your checks should be based on risk, history of failure and machine manufacturer's guidelines.

Operator checks every 15mins/30mins, at changeovers and start and end plus periodic QA checks would be typical.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users