Frank88maurice

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety, Food Quality, Research & Development & Improvement. Guitars, Amplifiers.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hi all!

we are currentyl working on document control, but I was curious to see what you guys are doing?

as we read on the standard and as we have been told, we must have a folder (in computer or physical folder)

with all the current documents being used whether they are policies or fill out documents.

is that what you guys are doing?

thanks!

Franklin

Quality Operations/Compliance Manager.

Lucky Country USA, LLC

cerving

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

We were advised to create a document register.  Ours is a basic spreadsheet to track each document's number, name, location, effective date, revision date, next review date, and the document owner.  That seemed to have satisfied our last auditor. 

I've attached a blank copy of what we use, I hope it helps!

Attached File  2.2.2 Document Register.xlsx   15.51KB   447 downloads

Thanked by 3 Members:

cerving

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

I should note, this is from an SQF audit, but I'm guessing it's something similar.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Dear Frank88maurice,

is it for SQF or ?? It may get you more meaningful replies.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Frank88maurice

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Safety, Food Quality, Research & Development & Improvement. Guitars, Amplifiers.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Thanks,

this will be for the BRC.

section 3.2

Also in there it says

The method for the Identification and authorisation of controlled documents <<?? how are you guys also managing that?

Thanks alot!

Franklin

Quality Operations/Compliance Manager.

Lucky Country USA, LLC

TheDude

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I found this thread to be extremely helpful:

http://www.ifsqn.com...cument +control

MCIAN

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 100 posts
  • 41 thanks
Good

• Philippines
    Philippines
  • Interests:Law of attraction & Meditation

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

Hi Frank!

I have attached a copy of our Document Control Procedure. So far, this has passed the ISO 9001 certification and surveillance audits.

Regards.

mcian

Attached File  CONTROL OF DOCUMENTS.pdf   135.25KB   375 downloads

Thanked by 2 Members:

S Maddux

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Cycling, making beer and drinking good beer, family, friends and making every day count. "Good leadership isn't about advancing yourself. It's about advancing your team" -John C Maxwell

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

I have had great success with the free version of SharePoint.  We use SharePoint as our company intranet and with sharepoint I can all documents that have to do with HACCP and Food Safety.  I have our HACCP plan, prerequisites, SOP, all QA forms, risk assessment, MSDS sheet, Corrective Action, Sanitation forms, QA hold log, internal audits, trend reports, NR reports, deviation reports, customer complaints, raw material reports, supplier approval program, specs for raw material, ingredients and packaging.  I mean I have everything in Sharepoint.  The best thing is I control who can view, who can view and add and who can view, add and delete things.  It is a very good tool.  I highly recommend it.  I also hired one person to be in control of all documents.  This means changing documents and updating things like supplier surveys and making sure we have all the specs we need.   We also keep all of our products spec in SharePoint.  Check it out.   

Thanked by 1 Member:

Abigail111

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

HI there

I am looking for a powerful document control which supports to manage documents offline.My present document program can not do that.It would be perfect if it is cheap.Thanks for any suggestion

jkate01234

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Are you looking for a proper document management software? Which you can use to get information from your multiple documents? There is a free open source document management software Ephesoft. You can try it's community edition which is free.

lmugs

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Zimbabwe
    Zimbabwe

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

The best thing is to have a Document register that list all the procedures , their revision number, title and effective date. You can group procedures according to department or process for easy reference and management. If there happens to have any change or amendment, you should have a document amendment form that you write the reason for a change and then you will also have to update the register on the new effective date and number for that procedure or form.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

At my new position our Office Manager controls printing all documents and has a binder for all corporate policies, local policies, and our HACCP binders.  Any change to a corporate or local policy or form goes through her to our corporate document control person, she makes the change in the program we use for our documents, and then lets us know when it's ready to be used.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

williamw

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 33 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

We use a computerized document management system (Ensur from Mystic Management Systems) which works very well for us. We keep binders of documents needed on the floor in specific locations and update them manually when we make changes. Ensur allows an unlimited number of people to read documents so depending upon your situation you could just make them available electronically on the floor as well.

If you are looking to implement an electronic document management system keep in mind that the proposed rules under FSMA require 21 CFR part 11 compliance for documentation systems. Not sure if that will stay in the final rule but if it does it would have a significant impact on what types if electronic systems could be used for this purpose.

Thanked by 1 Member:

matheusdb

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mozambique
    Mozambique

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

This is very helpful.

Share this