• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

hi!

we  are using bolt fa in spraying inside processing area of tuna products every week.

my question is that after spraying, what would be the time of re entry to the area?

thanks ...

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

hi!

we  are using bolt fa in spraying inside processing area of tuna products every week.

my question is that after spraying, what would be the time of re entry to the area?

thanks ...

Hi Javy,

I assume that you are 'fogging', this would depend on what chemical you are using and the concentration plus any extraction you may have.

Can you clarify.

Regards,

Tony

javy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

yes sir its fogging. we do use bolt fa.

we follow the concentration based on the procedure. but it doesn't state the time of re -entry after fogging.

are other chemicals states in their procedure the time of re -entry after application?

thanks sir.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hi Javy,

Normally I would 'fog' and leave the area overnight but I suggest that you discuss the application the supplier, they should provide advice/guidelines on application of their chemicals.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

ianz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hi Javy,

We use the same fogging chemical at our plant. Basically, reentry of employees only allowed after 2-3 hours after fogging (Thermal). Of course, total wash down of equipment and facilities prior to operation.

Thanked by 1 Member:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Bolt fa is the brand name, but I can't find the chemical name.  Do you have an MSDS or pesticide label?

In the US it is illegal to use a pesticide other than as directed on the label.  If you're fogging and reentering it's probably more of a flash/pyrethrin than something incredibly dangerous like dicholrvous. If it's a really nasty chemical they have dragger tubes to test amounts in air before reentry

I would follow the label's instructions for ventilation and reentry, or call the manufacturer.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

javy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

thank you...

ianz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

Magenta

Bolt FA's active ingredient is a pyrethrum extract 1-3% (natural pyrethrin) and piperonyl butoxide as synergist. Had conducted sorbent test for potential trace and result showed zero.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Dharmadi Sadeli Putra

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 161 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hi Javy

I'm also in tuna processing plant. My pest control contractor do it once a week at weekend so there's enough time for air circulation before re-entry. and remember to re-wash all equipments before use

Thanked by 1 Member:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Magenta

Bolt FA's active ingredient is a pyrethrum extract 1-3% (natural pyrethrin) and piperonyl butoxide as synergist. Had conducted sorbent test for potential trace and result showed zero.

Ha, pyrethrin!  Harmless.  It's a flash pesticide.  Yeah, let the air clear out (I don't know how big your building is or show strong your fans are).  Follow the label or any regulatory rules first - but I use something similar and the label says at least one hour w/ ventilation.  We always did our flashes before the weekend, and an hour seems on the low side, but I'd listen to ianz, 2-3 hours is fine.  

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

midamidz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:39 AM

hi!

thanks ...

Hi there. I am looking for another pesticide to be used in fogging. I've heard about this bolt fa but I can't find other resources online. I wonder how I can get one in the Philippines. Thanks

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users