• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hello Friends...

Can any body tell me about Yacon Syrup. I have searched many website and at last found this website - ***REMOVED SPAM WEBSITE*** and want to share with you, Please advise me is Yacon Syrup good for loss weight or not?

Thanks in advance..

Edited by Simon, 14 January 2014 - 07:26 PM.
***REMOVED SPAM WEBSITE***

DuckMan

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:BRC, 21CFR 111, Vitamin Supplement Manufacturing, Family (my newborn daughter Elizabeth), F.S.M. (Flying Spaghetti Monsterism) Reggae, ONE LOVE, ONE HEART

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

I personally have never heard of this syrup. There is a lot I haven't heard of before, but as a dietician, I take objection to the over all angle in the advertisement. When they started talking about "paunch fat" on women It left a pretty bad taste in my mouth (the manipulation, not the paunch fat). :drool:  There are no magic bullets when it comes to weight loss. ANY time an entity promotes a product without simultaneously promoting generally accepted diet principles and an exercise regimen they are full-of-it. Generally weight loss of more than 1-2 pounds per week is not recommended and can damage your health. My favorite weight loss syrup? Its Ranch. It helps me eat a pile of raw veggies every night.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Dear aavon,

This looks like an advertisement. My apologies if I hv misinterpreted.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Please don't take offense to this but I'm not even going to follow the link after the previous couple statements.  Not only that but because I'm at work I can justify going on IFSQN but not looking at ads for stuff. lol

There is no substitute for exercise and diet.  You don't need anything special for your diet regular foods will work just fine.

Do not skip breakfast and do not eat so few calories that your body goes into starvation mode.

I've lost 25 lbs (started at 241 because I couldn't believe I let myself get that heavy).  My diet is not normal food.

Typically I eat 1200 to 1300 calories a day in ~6 "meals" of slim fast powder shakes with skim milk and Greek yogurt (I love Yopa).  Experts would agree that I eat way too little.  I don't listen to them :giggle: I eat what a 120 to 130 pound person needs in a day (and I weigh nearly 100 pounds more)

Then I typically try to burn off around 600 calories of that food in a day.  I do this as much as possible.  Some days I don't work out so I take all 1200 to 1300 calories... some days I work out more and net about 150 calories.  One day, after lunch, I was at -150 calories... I was so happy.

(Now the dietician is freaking out)

I'm not saying to do what I do.  It may or may not work for other people.  It may be an unhealthy calorie deficit for some but it works for me.

There are great smartphone apps for counting your calories like Myfitnesspal.  It counts what you eat and subtracts what you exercise.  I use it along with my Polar Heart Rate Monitor so I have a very close look at what I've eaten vs what I've burned.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

I removed the link from the OP as they are a spammer linking to a spammy website.  Nevertheless I will leave the topic as some members have taken the time to respond.  In fact I will add.

I used to play a lot of sport in my younger days, but did almost nothing after the birth of my twin boy's in 1999. I also smoked (10 a day), ate averagely (albeit I have a penchant for crisps, chocolate, candy, cakes etc.) and also had a desk job.  Consequently I went from 200lbs to 240lbs. In 2006 I made my first positive step and quit smoking and 18 months ago I got a bike.  I travel 8 miles every day and am now back to 210lbs. I still eat a reasonable amount of treats though I do eat a little more fish and veggies and salad. 

At 47 I feel really great and fitter than ever and even train with my boy’s at their weekly soccer practice. :smile:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Great job Simon!

I'm hoping to be under 200 by the end of March (about 20lbs) and around 170-180 by August before I get to hit Virginia Beach again!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Now I feel guilty.  :blush:     Having a cup of coffee as I go to work, putting in a 10+ hour day without really eating then going home and cooking dinner for my family where I am now so hungry that I eat more than I should and then go to bed to start the cycle all over again. 

I have made some changes so that I am not spending an hour to two hours a day commuting on a freeway, and have started  having a granola bar or two during the day.  Dinners are now a bit earlier thanks to shorter commute but know I need to do more. 

You guys have inspired me to try a bit harder :thumbup:

Edited by Snookie, 15 January 2014 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Not eating regularly is really bad health wise.  The reason I eat around 6 meals a day is it keeps your metabolism running all day so you burn more calories as your body is keeping busy :spoton:

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

Not eating regularly is really bad health wise.  The reason I eat around 6 meals a day is it keeps your metabolism running all day so you burn more calories as your body is keeping busy :spoton:

Your so right........it seems like I walk in the door....blink and 10 hours have flown by. Food has all to often been an afterthought to the day.   Good luck on your continuing weight loss. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Great job Simon!

I'm hoping to be under 200 by the end of March (about 20lbs) and around 170-180 by August before I get to hit Virginia Beach again!!!

Go Merle, you're heading in the right direction.  

Vacations are a great motivation tool to get fitter, so that you can go wild and indulge yourself for a week or two :happydance:

Now I feel guilty.  :blush:     Having a cup of coffee as I go to work, putting in a 10+ hour day without really eating then going home and cooking dinner for my family where I am now so hungry that I eat more than I should and then go to bed to start the cycle all over again. 

I have made some changes so that I am not spending an hour to two hours a day commuting on a freeway, and have started  having a granola bar or two during the day.  Dinners are now a bit earlier thanks to shorter commute but know I need to do more. 

You guys have inspired me to try a bit harder :thumbup:

It's really not easy at all, especially with a job and family and everything that goes along with it.  If I didn't commute on my bike I'd be heading to 300 lbs by now.  It's got to the stage now where I'm pretty much addicted to cycling and if I miss a few day's I get stressed.  Eating a little and often is they way, although I'm eating a lot and often due to the calories I burn. :smile:

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

I should bike to work I only like about 15 miles from where I work.  Maybe I'll try it out when summer comes.  I'll have to check the topography of the local route though to see how hard it might be.

Simon if your an active cyclist you should check out recon instruments "Recon Jet" glasses.  I want them for 5k runs.

Mr. Incognito

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

I should bike to work I only like about 15 miles from where I work.  Maybe I'll try it out when summer comes.  I'll have to check the topography of the local route though to see how hard it might be.

Simon if your an active cyclist you should check out recon instruments "Recon Jet" glasses.  I want them for 5k runs.

My word Merle, that's real sci-fi.  :doctor:  Been dying to use that. :smile:

May get a pair for my birthday, though I do want a guitar.

:band:

Are the roads in the US conducive to cycling, over here they're not really, bad roads and mad car drivers.  It takes a lot of experience and sense to keep safe.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

It depends on where your cycling Simon.  The roads, for the most part, are taken care of.  Drivers in cities, even small ones, can be dangerous.  In NY State they passed a law, which I honestly hate, that requires any state road, if repaved, must include a biking lane on each side unless the local government can prove that it can't be done. 

Some of our busy 4 lane roads became 2 lane roads and it really sucks.  Now people use the bike lanes as an extra right turn lane... 

Though it's nice for the city bikers. lol

I recently moved out of that city.  If you go onto google maps and look up Batavia, NY and follow down route 63 South after the split you can see an example of what I'm talking about.  That road is pretty busy and was cut down to 2 lanes with those little bike lanes and then the curbside parking.

-Recon Jet.   Awesome huh?  I'm going to be getting them soon I think.  Maybe by time I've saved up $600 a new version will be out with better battery life :silly:   I love technology!

Mr. Incognito

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Hi Merle, I just had a street view stroll down route 63 as far as a house with a sign "445 All Babies Cherished" and I know what you mean.  It's very difficult to retrofit cycle lanes to existing roads and usually ends up a bad job.  If you mix that with a car culture and emerging new and inexperienced bikers it's a recipe for disaster.  On another recent trip to Holland I marveled at how well designed it is for bikes, often with total physical separation of cars and bikes. I'd love to know how, when and why they went down that route.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Well welcome to my home town Simon lol.

Yeah it's pretty terrible I understand why.. I've even ridden on the bike lanes a few times ($600 dollar bike and I've probably rode it like 6 times :headhurts: but I was having flat tire issues with it for a long time until I got Kevlar strips in the tires) it's just a real pain.

There are some communities I've seen that some people have created in the US where they are car free communities.  There are parking lots outside of it and the houses and shops are all bike accessible.  That's all fine and good if that's what you want... I like my car ;) especially in -5 degree F days lol.

Mr. Incognito

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,841 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hi Merle, It's been raining here in Manchester non-stop for a couple of months, I think the UK will be pretty much joining Atlantis in the next few year's; so I can't let the weather deter me; especially after I had a heavy weekend on the food.  It was the father in laws 70th birthday yesterday and a gang of us went for a 5 course Indian meal, followed by a large slab of birthday cake.  I'm still bloated after cycling today and soccer training this evening.  Today I purchased some of these puppies to keep my feet nice and cosy - I've got full body water proofs, but my feet get soaked and with the sealskinz it doesn't matter if your shoes are drenched. 

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

oooo nice Simon.  I might have to order a few pairs of those... at $50 a pop it may take me a bit of time to get a few sets but they would certainly help when I'm running in the rain.

I won't run in the snow though too much of a risk or slipping and messing something up.  As you get older you start to protect what health you still have :roflmao:

Right now we are sitting at -25 with wind chill...  I need to move south though pretty much all of America is going through a pretty bad cold spell. 

I know how birthdays are I had 2 to go to this weekend... 2 slices of cake... ice cream... pizza... ugh...  I'll never get to 200 this way!  And as for Indian food!!! We had an after Christmas party a few years ago with some of my friends in Buffalo and it had been about 15 years since I had Indian food... wow they make some really great food!  He had somewhere around 6 different pans of food some pans with 2 dishes in them.  amazing!

Well... back to the treadmill more until winter breaks :doctor:

- Merle AWAY :tardis:

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

We are finally thawing out form the - degree temps.  40's and 50's have made it much easer to get a workout in.  I've run 9 miles Monday/Tuesday and I've walked 7 miles Monday - Wednesday this week... oh it feels so good!

How is everyone doing?   :happydance:   Keeping your workouts going?  Let's keep each other motivated :doctor:

Mr. Incognito

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users