• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

Hello All,

I have a question. When regarding nutritional facts: I have he nutritional values for a 100g sample size of a product. I am needing the nutritional facts for a 30g sample size of the same product. Is there a calculation that I can make using the 100g values? or would I need to send this product out for a nutritional analysis?

Thxxxx,

nitchicsqf

Slab

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 441 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading (history, science fiction), Photography, drawing,food safety, metrology, TQM, hoplology, etc.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Hi, nitchicsqf;

Is this your finished product and test? Manufacturing differences effect nutritional values (brine soak, additives, cook method, etc.) If not I would recommend an analysis based on your finished results.

If this is your results, you don't need an additional test performed based on serving size.  100 gm is a typical baseline with this test for obvious reasons as percentiles work nicely with 100.

Food Safety News  Marine Stewardship Council

"Some people freak out when they see small vertebra in their pasta" ~ Chef John

nitchicsqf

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

Hi, nitchicsqf;

Is this your finished product and test? Manufacturing differences effect nutritional values (brine soak, additives, cook method, etc.) If not I would recommend an analysis based on your finished results.

If this is your results, you don't need an additional test performed based on serving size.  100 gm is a typical baseline with this test for obvious reasons as percentiles work nicely with 100.

Thank you! I assumed that was all to it, but I wanted confirmation.

Yes, this is my finished product that we produce here at my facility. We have to send our finished samples out to another lab to have in order to have our analysis' done.

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Dear nitchicsqf:

If you have the result for 100g (whether is from the laboratory test or based on calculation), time the value with 30 (serving size as you mentioned) and then divided by 100. Later, follow the rounding rules according to the US standard.

Regards,

Yong

nitchicsqf

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

Hi, nitchicsqf;

If this is your results, you don't need an additional test performed based on serving size.  100 gm is a typical baseline with this test for obvious reasons as percentiles work nicely with 100.

Dear nitchicsqf:

If you have the result for 100g (whether is from the laboratory test or based on calculation), time the value with 30 (serving size as you mentioned) and then divided by 100. Later, follow the rounding rules according to the US standard.

Regards,

Yong

Thanks you all for your help!!!!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Dear nitchicsqf,

Might be worth mentioning that a direct computation assumes that the material is homogeneous.

Known in the trade as "sampling error". :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users