tery

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

Hi,

We are complex confectionery manufacturing and packaging facility with 46 metal detectors, 27 of which are at the end of the packaging lines and designated as CCP.

Depending on the packaging type the critical limits (sensitivity standards) vary . For e.g majority of the CCP metal detectors are set up to detect 1.5 Fe, 1.5NFe , 2.0 mm SS. However, 4 metal detectors are set up at 4mmFe, 4.5mmNfe and 6.5mm SS when run metal foil packaging.

Currently, every metal detector is assigned with different CCP # for e.g CCP-1Pack, CCP-2Pack, and so on until CCP-15 Pack. This is very confusing. In my opinion, please correct me if I am wrong but as far as the CCP controls the same hazard (metal) is only one CCP -1P regardless of the difference in the metal detectors sensitivity standards used. Perhaps, both standards can be listed as tabulated on the attachment.

Please let me know your opinion?

Thank you,

Attached Files

Edited by tery, 20 January 2014 - 12:53 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Dear tery,

As you say the fundamental "significant hazard" is (presumably) the same, ie metal contamination. The difference(s) is  (presumably) a critical limit / monitoring limitation, ie MD sensitivity.

Strictly speaking a different critical limit implies a different CCP ?

IMO yr concept is feasible but requires an appropriately matched (divided) process chart, hazard analysis and correlated CCPs. The present form is attempting to be too concise( IMO). :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users