Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 180 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

I keep our cleaning log close to the staff entrance so that employees can sign off on cleaning as they leave. Sadly, I am too lazy to collect completed paperwork. During the recent soft weather in Ireland (I understand our American brethren refer to these as "apocalyptic hurricanes"), a combination of our production area positive air pressure and the strong winds resulted in all cleaning records since November were casually dispersed across the Atlantic Ocean. Would I be better off documenting this as an internal non-conformance or what? I don't really want to ask staff members to re-do records, as this could give them ideas. Any suggestions?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

I keep our cleaning log close to the staff entrance so that employees can sign off on cleaning as they leave. Sadly, I am too lazy to collect completed paperwork. During the recent soft weather in Ireland (I understand our American brethren refer to these as "apocalyptic hurricanes"), a combination of our production area positive air pressure and the strong winds resulted in all cleaning records since November were casually dispersed across the Atlantic Ocean. Would I be better off documenting this as an internal non-conformance or what? I don't really want to ask staff members to re-do records, as this could give them ideas. Any suggestions?

Dear shea quay,

I take it that this was part of yr official hygiene documentation and not just an internal lab exercise book. :smile:

Yr post appears to imply that no copies are made of yr hygiene operational control system  to any other personnel.

This IMEX is rather abnormal from an auditing POV. Possibly a 2nd (internal) nonconformance of more profundity than the AoG. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

what is the use of recording things, if the information is probably not used for anything? (at least not since November)

Is this record 'just for the auditor' or do you use the information?

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users