Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hello, I am desperatly looking for a laboratory that is accredited to do fish and seafood (crustacean) testing on surface swabs and they must be accredited for this.  In Canada labs must be accredited for the specific methods and no lab is accredited for Fish or seafood?!    I am told that in the US labs are accredited by technology instead such as PCR or Elisa is this true?  can anybody validate this for me?  i have a certificate of accreditation from the american associantion for laboratory accreditation but for all i know this may not be worth the paper its written on!!!

Any help would be appreciated, we cannot do test kits for fish and seafood as we have limited laboratory facilities and we already received a non-confomrity for using a non-certified lab.

thanks in advance

mapry2

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 92 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

I am not sure about the accreditation, but I did allergen protein verification test with Maxxam in Montreal. Please check with them or their website.

Katja

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Thanks, i did, they don't do fish or seafood.  I contacted AGAT, GFTC, maxxam, exova, silliker, sai, SM and ILC microchem, none can do it or are not accredited for it.

SPL

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Have you tried Eurofins?

Katja

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

I have contacted them and i have seen the scope of accreditation, but as i said i'm not familiar with how the american association for laboratory accreditation works.   When i look at Eurofins in Metairie LA they are certified for biological testing  which include PCR, Lateral flow test kits and Elisa test kits.  However if i look up Romer labs they are certified to do chemical testing  for food allergens such as Crusatceans and fish using Elisa.  The change in format between both makes me wonder about the reputability of the american association for laboratory accreditation.   I prefer the romer lab accreditation because it actually says which methods and allergens they are accredited for whereas for Eurofins it just says for various matrices using PCR  and food allergens using lateral flow and elisa.  No specifics.That is why I would value someone's knowledge on this...

WowQC

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

Have you looked at University of Guelph Laboratory Services (www.guelphlabservices.com)?

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 264 posts
  • 95 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Have you tried FARRP at the Univ of Nebraska?

http://farrp.unl.edu...dentialanalysis

Katja

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

FARRP will do it but for surface swabs they seem too far away since the samples are time-sensitive apparently.  Overnight delivery may be ok, i'll look into it. 

GFTC in Guelph is not accredited, they do the test but they are not accredited.  Silliker and agat sent their samples to them but its a waste as they are not accredited.

mapry2

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 92 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Hope this helps :

Food Allergen Analysis from Bia Diagnostics, LLC

http://www.biadiagno...m/services.html