• Quick Navigation
Photo

Food Safety Inspection Checklists for Kitchen Appliances?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

kooserasmus

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

Good Day

My name is Koos Erasmus from Pretoria South Africa and working for NOSA as a Health and Safety Auditor and Consultant. I am also responsible for Health and Safety system implementation.

I would like assistance as to where one can get hold of safety checklist for kitchen appliances such as dough mixer, meat grinder, food processor, oven and microwave, meat slicers, toasters, deep fryer and other machinery used in food preparation facilities.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Koos 

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

This is not helpful to you at all, but

Way back when I was a budding young lab tech, I had an ultra controlling and horrifyinglly write-up/fire happy QA manager, so we took one of her check lists and changed it to say "Microwave Sign Out" and put in fields to fill like "Time" and "Power Setting". Then we posted it on the microwave in the break room with a big sign on red paper that said "YOU MUST SIGN OUT THE MICROWAVE BEFORE USE".  That was a joke though.  

About a month later I took the customer complaint return instructions and changed the phrase "insert the bottle in the cooler" to "insert the bottle in the cooter"  and added randomly misspelled curse words to all of the electronic documents on pages that weren't the first page.    I changed the labels on all of the switches to things like "Crocodile Pit" and "End of the World".

In retrospect, I was a pretty terrible employee. It was a remarkable testament to the level of control my manager had over the employees, but they did use the sign out sheet on the microwave.

Here's a very general checklist you could maybe adapt?

http://www.docstoc.c...y-Dept-Location

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

Good Day

My name is Koos Erasmus from Pretoria South Africa and working for NOSA as a Health and Safety Auditor and Consultant. I am also responsible for Health and Safety system implementation.

I would like assistance as to where one can get hold of safety checklist for kitchen appliances such as dough mixer, meat grinder, food processor, oven and microwave, meat slicers, toasters, deep fryer and other machinery used in food preparation facilities.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Koos 

Dear kooserasmus,

Yr query is rather wide scope since it may also involve the environment, It may well be related to a local regulatory control also ?.

Anyway, the following documents overlap yr query and may give you some ideas -

Attached File  has1 - Restaurants.pdf   93.02KB   27 downloads

Attached File  has2 - Hotels.pdf   879.29KB   18 downloads

Attached File  has3 - home-safety-checklist.pdf   337.62KB   18 downloads

Attached File  has4 - Kitchen-inspection-cklst-October-2010.doc   181KB   29 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

kooserasmus

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

Dear kooserasmus,

Yr query is rather wide scope since it may also involve the environment, It may well be related to a local regulatory control also ?.

Anyway, the following documents overlap yr query and may give you some ideas -

attachicon.gifhas1 - Restaurants.pdf

attachicon.gifhas2 - Hotels.pdf

attachicon.gifhas3 - home-safety-checklist.pdf

attachicon.gifhas4 - Kitchen-inspection-cklst-October-2010.doc

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles

Thanks a million for your response and helpful assistance regarding the required checklist, If you need any health and safety related documentation please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Koos 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users