• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

Good afternoon,

We are in the planning stages of working toward an SQF Certification. Inside of building, we have a locked Maintenance storage room. We are a very small company that does all of our own work on the building, be it painting, replacing lights, general repairs, etc . We are a blending operation. Very low risk, as our products cannot grow anything due to PG or Alcohol being the main solvents

The storage room, is located in the shipping and receiving area, away from our small processing area.

We have 30 years’ worth of paints, A few Chemicals WD-40,lube’s for forklift etc.,  tools, both for internal and for outdoor work located inside the storage room.

Can I keep all these items in the room? Or do I need to move all out of the building into another room, not in the main building? We don’t have any pesticides in the room.

Any feedback on what I can keep in their would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you for your time

Robert

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

I'd put the chemicals in flam lockers.  That helps to protect against leakage getting on the floor, onto boots, and into production.

Also make sure non-food contact is segregated from food contact (food contact can be above non-food contact in the same locker if the shelves are labeled food / non-food.

Make sure that only appropriate people have keys to the door.  I'd have lockable cabinets too... it's just adds to the protection level.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users