• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I work for a produce distribution centre. I am looking for any prodigal to put in place for spiders coming in with the produce.

Thank you.

Angie

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

Am not sure what you mean by "prodigal". 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Angie Ho

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Thanks Snookie. I was asked for the " prodigal". I think it is the precaution or quality inspection records/forms/procedures to ensure there is no spider in the in-coming produce. 

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hi Angie,

I have done a lot of produce and am not sure what you are being asked for.  It is not uncommon to occasionally have produce come in (if it is from the field or packinghouse) with the occasional, spider, frog, or insect. We often got an inspection form indicating produce had been inspected, but have not heard of a prodigal.   

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

but have not heard of a prodigal.

Seems that Google hasn't either.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

Ha, when I saw this I thought it was a typo and didn't think twice about how I didn't have a protocol for spiders other than IPM, complaint management, and corrective action/root cause. 

Prodigal is a bible word, like the prodigal son, right? After I googled it, I though  of lots of prodigal ways to control spiders, including hiring a spider inspector to check each individual item for spiders or an outdoor spider chamber that gets filled with produce and then gas. 

What are you hoping this document will accomplish?  A written procedure for dealing with spiders?  A procedure to control spiders?  The risk analysis of what woudl happen if someone found a spider?  Maybe you tell us why you need it we'll be able to figure out what it's called or what it is?

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

Angie Ho

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

We have decided to request our suppliers of grapes to have 2 documented inspections before sending the products to us. And we do a random  inspection on upon receiving.

Thanks for all the great ideas and I'll keep them for the future.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

Ha, when I saw this I thought it was a typo and didn't think twice about how I didn't have a protocol for spiders other than IPM, complaint management, and corrective action/root cause. 

Prodigal is a bible word, like the prodigal son, right? After I googled it, I though  of lots of prodigal ways to control spiders, including hiring a spider inspector to check each individual item for spiders or an outdoor spider chamber that gets filled with produce and then gas. 

What are you hoping this document will accomplish?  A written procedure for dealing with spiders?  A procedure to control spiders?  The risk analysis of what woudl happen if someone found a spider?  Maybe you tell us why you need it we'll be able to figure out what it's called or what it is?

Ahhh....protocol.....didn't catch that.....think I really need a vacation and some rest. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Snookie, come to Wales and help me write a vulnerability study!! :giggle: 

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

Snookie, come to Wales and help me write a vulnerability study!! :giggle: 

I would love to come to Wales!.  But writing a vulnerability study I think defeats the idea of vacation and rest :rofl2:  I think two intelligent, good looking women such as are selves can find some much more fun activities that will have the poets singing of our exploits into the next century.  :rock:   

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users