Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

I may be interested in purchasing software to track ingredients through finished product to suppliers. Anyone have  ball park figures at what a system like this would cost. 

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Am curious to hear the answer to this one as well. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

I don't honestly know.  I've used SAP which is good as long as you're people actually put in good information.  I've seen oracle but never used it.  I didn't much like oracle.

With SAP we were able to put in a lot number for an ingredient and it mapped out all of the finished products it went in and you could run it in reverse where you put in the finished product and all of the ingredients you used in it showed up.  It made traceability very easy.  There are many more newer FSMS programs out there now than there used to be.  Contact them and ask what their basic package costs and what it entails.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Tomato

Grade - Active

• 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

I would invest in SAP as it can handle everything you need and more. It will take care of finance, HR, Production, and QC. Its a big investment that requires a lot of training but it makes things like traces and product management very simple.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

Yeah SAP was great.  It was set up that when an ingredient was accepted into the system it would generate a testing lot number for the lab and it knew our testing parameters so it would assign tests to the lots.  Then in the morning we would just log into it and write down all of our testing for the day and get to work.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Here is a price and feature comparison of 90 different ERP solutions across 600 attributes. Many of these will do traceability, but not all.

http://www.180system...tem-comparison/

(Click where the '2013 ERP System Comparison Charts in Excel Format' link on that page)

Abbie Y

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

I am curious to know if maryann1947 has made any progress with this? I would love for our company to automate our trace capabilities. We have some people involved who often do not put enough value in what is "unseen" - especially related to spending. If you found a system or programs of value, please share!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users