Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Using Audit Results to Identify Trends to Develop Food Safety Objectives
LeAnn ChuboffSenior Technical Director, SQFI

Buyers and food safety regulations are challenging their supplier’s to implement proactive methods to increase compliance and reduce risk. Data that is collected during the internal or external audits is valuable information that can be used to build smart food safety objectives and identify trends. This webinar will discuss:

• SQF audit results and associated trends

• How to address food safety within your facility

• An overview of the corrective action process

• Using data within the FSMS to prioritize food safety risks within your organization

Watch Webinar Recording >>
Download Presentation Slides >>

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

Thanks LeAnn, It is reall great that you have shared this data and demonstrated how you are using it to make the link from recalls, through to audit results as a basis for improving the SQF code and audit protocol. :clap:

• I see a lot now "lazy labelling" in other words putting everything (even non-relevant stuff) on the label to cover their butts that does not help the consumer make an informed choice; moreover as they have so much text on the pack label often it is too small and unreadable. Are you tightening up on this? Demanding risk assessment?
  • What can you do when you are a producer of a high risk product, e.g. peanuts, which have an inherent allergen (ARA2) besides labelling? I mention this because so far it has not been possible to produce a non-allergenic peanuts
  • How would we prepare for a surveillance audit?
  • Are there evaluations for all the different non-conformances or do you just drill down on allergens?
  • Ownership to do root cause end up nearly to the same cause, but progress how to put it forward
  • Where do you see the future of allergen removal validation?  Are on-site rapid tests getting better/more specific?  And what are the liabilities if we do spot testing since we can't test every inch of equipment?
  • We worked with a facility with most allergen aparts from seafood and peanuts, there is really a possible cross-contamination issues that could arise. There is so much we can do to prevent them but that labelling just help people to learn about what we do at our facility. How do you see in this case?
  • What are the regulations regarding employee smoking? Can they wear their work clothes while on smoke break or do they need to wear a coverall or smock?
  • So do GFSI standards such as SQF improve food safety...is the data saying that or is it too early to say.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users