• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hello and thanks in advance for any and all assistance,

To start off I'm a 23 year old recent college graduate with a degree in Supply Chain Management.  I work for a company that stores imported perishable fruits (apples, citrus, avocado, asparagus, grapes, berries, ect.) as a third-party firm, and also has abilities to repackage using a citrus bagging machine, berry sorter, and hand-pack stations.  

We are a very new firm, and I am in charge of our food safety program.  We have gone with PrimusLabs GFSI Version 1.6 as our GFSI standard, and I successfully completed the implementation and audit a month ago, implementing the program in only two months.  I am receiving post-corrective actions results today or tomorrow.  We did very well on the original audit.

Now, we are  looking into handling a customers' import of fresh fish (salmon) in storage and inbound/outbound; as 3rd party.  This requires a HAACP program, one which we have used a consultant to assist with. 

I am wondering if there are any tips or recommendations for this to help me cover all my bases.  I did very well in the food safety program and do not want to lower my work standard for this.  

Some specs:  The product is already palletized w/ gel packs to keep cold.  Remember, this is fresh fish; not frozen.  The fish needs to be temp'd coming in the facility and be between 33-38 degrees F.  We are a large cold storage operations, we are unsure if we want to develop a CCP of our temperature.  If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.  I'm very new to this realm of the world so I'm learning new things every single day.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

First :welcome:

You need to have a specific HACCP certification for fish and seafood.  It will give you all of the details as to the where and why your CCP's  should be.  Most usual sources for this is NOAA and UC Davis. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

charlesg

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

Thanks, I am going to receive this training.  I was just wondering if anyone here had similar programs.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users