• Quick Navigation
Photo

The difference between the requirement 11 (Contractual Agreements)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

agasr

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

Hi -

I am trying to understand the BRC standards for Storage & Distribution. During that process I am finding it difficult to distinguish between the requirements 3.4 (Customer Contractual Agreements) & 11.0 ( Contractual Agreements (all services).

The Statement of Intent(SOI) for both these requirements are reading/looking alike.  In talking to someone that has implemented BRC at their site, they mentioned that they have basically addressed 11.0 to be same as 3.4 for audit purposes. I am sure there is a difference, its frustrating that I am unable to see that though.

Can some one help me ?

Regards,

Kellio

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 72 thanks
Good

• Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hello,

I will translate from SQF to BRC:

You must show evidence of revisions and updates documented when you set up or renew your contract agreements for raw materials, ingredients, and packaging materials and the contracts have specifications for your company's food safety and quality plan requirements. Also, this includes the contracts drafted for your finished goods sold to a customer or customers. The majority of this happens in your sales department.

For services, it is the revisions and updates documented when you set up or renew your contract agreements for your services such as laundry, temporary help, pest control, ect...... This one should also comply with you food safety, quality, and food defense plan.

I hope this brings you some clarity.

Kellio

Edited by Kellio, 22 August 2014 - 09:55 PM.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRC, SQF, Storage & Distribution, Contracts, Agreements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users