• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sierra Leone
    Sierra Leone

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:04 AM

Dear all,
I am operating a water bottling facility which produces approximately 7000 bottles per hour (500ml).
Our source of water is from the municipality so it's already chlorinated and it's chemical composition is according to regulations.
We have reservoir tanks that hold up to 150, 000 litres. Inside the facility we have sand filter, carbon filter , sodium ion exchanger, micro filter, RO machine 1st stage, UV machine, Ozone generator and then finished product tank.
Our factory does the blowing of PET preforms and the move into the conveyor directly into the washing, filling and capping machine.the filled up bottles then pass in front of an inspection area to inspect for any defects before passing through a UV tunnel then to the expiry machine before going to the labelling machine then the shrink machine.
Please help me out with the way of creating and validating a correct HACCP PLAN.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Gulf

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

Dear Gulf,

Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

Do you have an intended standard regarding onward certification ? It may relate to the haccp plan, eg iso is different to traditional Codex.

Any attempt to provide a relevant haccp plan for your process will minimally require a flowchart, and possibly other data, eg specification for yr finished product.

Alternatively you may find some of the various haccp plans for drinking water already posted on this forum usable.

eg these links (and surrounding posts/sub-links) may be of interest to you -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ram/#entry47723

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=57111

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Rur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sierra Leone
    Sierra Leone

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Dear Charles,

thanks for the useful links...... yes I would be working on the ISO system..

please can you also help me out with this other issue as you are someone with knowledge about the system.

** my purification system produces 3000 liters of purified water per hour. I have an ozone generator and O2 machine which is my source of oxygen for the ozone machine. Can you please tell me how  you think the readings on both machines should be for me to get a correct dozing ?  ( O2 machine meter is 0 to 5 L/m and my O3 machines meter is 40 to 400 L/h )

regards,

Gulf

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

Dear Charles,

thanks for the useful links...... yes I would be working on the ISO system..

please can you also help me out with this other issue as you are someone with knowledge about the system.

** my purification system produces 3000 liters of purified water per hour. I have an ozone generator and O2 machine which is my source of oxygen for the ozone machine. Can you please tell me how  you think the readings on both machines should be for me to get a correct dozing ?  ( O2 machine meter is 0 to 5 L/m and my O3 machines meter is 40 to 400 L/h )

regards,

Gulf

Dear Gulf,

Since you mention iso, the haccp system will need to be compliant with iso22000. This involves an expanded version of Codex haccp plus some conceptual refocussing. The differences are explained in the iso22000 standard.

Regetfully I have no experience with using ozone-based sysytems. Other people here may have some suggestions. My own first thought would be to contact the equipment supplier.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Rur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sierra Leone
    Sierra Leone

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Dear Charles,
Can you help me out with the HACCP plan and validation in relation to the ISO 22000 ? I would be grateful .
Concerning the ozone issue I would prefer getting it from another source rather than from the supplier of the equipment.

Regards,
Gulf

jtrue

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Hi Gulf,

Do you have a flow chart of your existing process that you can share? Have you identified any CCPs?

John

Rur

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sierra Leone
    Sierra Leone

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Dear John,
Yes I do have put not here presently with me.
But I can explain to you the flow.
Water comes from a municipal source and passes through thread filters (PP FILTERS)for the removal of suspended particles prior to entering into the reservoir tanks.the chemical properties of the water is according to regulations.
Water from the reservoir tanks is first pumped into a multiple medium filter (sand filter) then carbon filter then sodium ion exchanger filter then 0.5ųm micro filter then into a 1st stage Reverse osmosis machine. Then the water passes through a UV machine before entering the finished product tank. On the way into the finished product tank the water is injected with ozone.
From the finished tank the water then goes to the bottle washing machine and another connection to the bottle filler.

As we blow our PET preforms, the blown bottles are conveyed directly into the 3 in 1 machine where they are washed, filled and capped. The filled bottles then pass in front of an inspection lamp were a worker checks it for any problems.it then goes goes into a UV tunnel then the expiry date machine then the label machine and last the shrink machine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Gulf

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

Dear Rur/Gulf,

Although for a different product / process, the detailed model procedure for the haccp component of a FSSC22000-compliant  system for yoghurt linked below should illustrate one possible approach and the typical related input data  -

http://www.ifsqn.com...o-22000-73-744/

Note that an equivalent "template" for the hazard analysis/CCP/oprp  characteristics is given here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-7#entry50651

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users