- - - - -

mpturner

Grade - Active

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:safety, environmental issues, cooking, photography, reading, family, my pets

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a little nervous because my company has their first AIB audit and not a lot of written procedures for a food facility because I have been here two weeks.

Does anyone have an example of written standards so I can see a format to begin with.  A lot to do within two weeks!!!

Plus I just ordered the AIB HACCP class on line. 

Nice to meet everyone,

Marta

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

First :welcome: !!

As to help we are going to need a WHOLE lot more information, such as what you make and what you need.  Most of us spend years honing our systems and they are specific to our plants and processes.  We can guide you and provide you with a lot of information but need a start point. 

First important information.....just keep breathing!

Edited by Snookie, 12 September 2014 - 07:52 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

Welcome!  I hope you find this forum to be as helpful as I have!

-Setanta         

Elsa De Anda

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hello all, I am also new here. The reason behind joining this forum community is to know about the poularity of mexican food in the whole world.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hello Marta and Elsa, I welcome you both to the forums.

If you have questions feel free to ask.

:welcome:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

:welcome: to both of you.  It's always a pleasure to have new members!  Just don't forget to come back  :lol2:

Like the well revered Snookie said we really need some information like your product for starters. Do you make RTE food, food to be cooked, an ingredient, packaging, etc.?

Do you have a HACCP plan(s) and at least one HACCP trained member at your location?

Have you downloaded the standard relevant to you from AIB? If not find it here: http://www.aibonline...-standards.aspx

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

Hi Elsa, welcome.  Mexican food is very popular where I live.  We have a lot of Hispanic and Mexican workers in this area.

Hi Marta.  I know how you feel, I came from an occupational safety background and jumped into food safety this past January.  I have found that writing programs/plans is pretty much the same no matter what it is for.  Just decide what is the purpose for the plan, who is responsible for what, and what tasks you want people to do, and put it on paper.  The format is less important than the content.  Making things clear and more like a roadmap works better than writing everything in legalese.  Make a plan or procedure for everything important that is required by the standard or is crucial for your product safety and quality.

And, if you have questions, don't forget to post them in the forums here.  This is a great group of people who have helped me out quite a bit.

Martha

Edited by MWidra, 05 December 2014 - 06:57 PM.

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users