If the Metal Detecting Repass does happen remember this is a deviation from your HACCP and should be recorded on your HACCP deviation form.
Take a look at the sample below and let me know if it works for you.
To assure uniform testing and proper functioning of the on-line metal detection systems.
All metal detection equipment located on processing lines
Standardized detecting rods
Line: Size of test rods + name of program on metal detector and serial number of metal detector
PROCEDURE : For Packaging Line Detectors:
1. Place sanitized ferrous detecting rod/card on top of the product or product container.
2. Pass through the metal detector.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 using the non-ferrous and stainless steel detecting rod.
4. "Frequency of your testing here"
5. All rods must be detected, light activated and stoppage of the line on the first pass through the detector, if either rod fails a test, stop production and notify maintenance immediately.
6. If rod is detected but the line stop mechanism is not timed properly or functioning to remove the product from the main line, stop production immediately, and notify maintenance and supervisor. If the alert light on the detector does not activate when the line stops, maintenance needs to be called.
7. If detector is functioning properly, re-run product used during test back through detector.
8. If detector continues to fail, the product shall be repassed to other metal detector to ensure that the product is free from metal contaminant.
9. Record all results on the log sheet. Any malfunctions must include a record of the corrective action taken and be included.