Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

Hi Guys, we just had a visit from Tesco and they have recommended that I do some pest control training.  Our pest control providers are registered and licenced and are on site at least twice a week so I only need a brief course an overview preferably.   The problem I have is in Australia I can only find the courses for people wanting a licence which are months long courses.  Does anyone out there in web land know of an online course (where I can get a certificate of attendance) that would suit my needs?

Thanks

Mike Green

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 355 posts
  • 75 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Food(cooking & eating!) Gym, Sun, Sea,Surf,

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hi Sharon

We use ALISON  for some of our CPD 

It is free to use with 24/7 access once you register... and you can take an online test & download a CPD pdf free of charge (though if you want a 'proper' certificate you have to pay!)

I've never really looked at their pest control module(s)-but generally they are pretty basic stuff- may be worth a look to see if it meets your needs?

Regards

Mike

I may sound like a complete idiot...but actually there are a couple of bits missing

Thanked by 1 Member:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

http://www.ipm.ucdav...edu/training/  - I used this in California....the urban IPM is pretty basic, and you get a sweet certificate.  They have other little classes for people actually getting licensees too (I have mine :).  Not sure if it's too state specific for you...

FDA has some stuff specific to food plants which may be more helpful

http://www.accessdat...estControlFood/

Edited by magenta_majors, 04 November 2014 - 11:20 AM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

Sharon,

If you have an external company that handles your IPM, part of their service may be to conduct training. It would be best if you use them to their full potential, and get the "experts" to do the training. Never hurts to ask.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Quality Ben

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality, Laboratory, Technical Issues, Water Activity and Migration, VITAL, Allergens, Fresh Produce, Post Harvest, Cold Smoked Fish, Non Pasteurised Caviar, Cook/Chill, Listeria Hunting & Eradication/Environmental monitoring programs, Small-Goods, HACCP, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Risk Mitigation, Listeria.spp., High Risk, Chemistry, Cleaning and Sanitation, Biosecurity, Consultancy, Training, Process Control

Food Safety = Science + Culture

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

I would ask my pest control company first - as suggested above.

The other option is SAI Global - they are great and I am pretty sure they offer a one day course that deals with pests etc.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Sharon

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:22 PM

Thanks to everyone given me some options that I had not thought of

Share this