• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is it a requirement to display certificates?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

AnitaC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

We are BRC certified. Our office has just gone thru a renovation at which time our "Letter of Commitment" our " IPM certificate" and our "BRC certificate" were taken down. Now that the renovations are completed, the owner does not want anything back on the walls. I mentioned that these items are required to be displayed but he is adamant about nothing going on the new walls.

Does anyone know if these certificates/letters can be displayed somewhere other than your front office reception area? I was under the assumption that they are to be displayed.

Thanks!!

Sandima

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

The only things I know of that are 'required' to be on display in Canada are any Federal Government issued registration certificates.  (Dairy, Processed Products, Meat)  I have not dealt Provincial so I don't know what their requirements are.

I do not believe BRC requires their certificate to be on display in the front office.  Put it up in your office you earned it!

nd01ken

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:College Sports, Wood Working, MS Access Databases, Software diddling, Coaching Softball, Basketball, and most of all being a father of 4.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:02 AM

Not sure about Canadian requirements but what about an easel and a framed poster with the documentation and images of your product? This could just stand in a corner as advertise your product as well as your commitment and BRC certificate.

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

As far as I know it isn't required to be displayed, but your Food Safety Policy is....

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

rrana

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hello, Anita:

its all depends on your policy and the documented procedure, and communication, but it is not mentioned in the standards to display, as long as you have it on file and can produce it to the Auditor , for the next surveillance audit or for any recertification.

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well, they look nice, and they're there to tell visitors how awesome and clean and legal your food is.   Maybe put them in a frame and stick them on a shelf? 

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Rehman R.

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:Sports, Reading, Movies, Outing etc.

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

It is not mandatory to display the certificates but they can be displayed to impress your visitors and to show your company's commitment.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users