• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

Hi All

Please assist in finding out a proper performance ,  I am setting my annual objectives and one of them as an example is

Increase competency of employees through undertaking the relevant Food Safety Training (L3) , here what is the best success measurement ? and in the second objective also related to the internal meetings

Undertake monthly Executive Team and annual Management Review meetings and adjust food safety  actions to address trends as identified   what also the success measurement .

we are a food service business .

Regards

Hygienic

Edited by hygienic, 11 December 2014 - 04:38 AM.

Rosti

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

I am sure you will get as many variations on an answer as posters!

Food Safety Training.

I think you have two aspects to consider in one statement. Since the number of employees requiring training (against your qualifying criteria) will flex with work force size then you require a proportionate not finite numeric prime measure. This is likely to be the percentage of staff who have completed training at any one time. Logically this would further split to ‘new starter’ compliance and ‘refresher’ compliance. Competency is not guaranteed by training and so supporting measures for this KPI might well be validation measures such as GMP and hand hygiene.

Management Review.

The workload for food safety policy adjustment due to changing third party requirements or adverse trends identified in internal KPI’s is a volatile driver. The measure as stated implies a reactive focus. You may well be best to monitor two figures (a) how many new actions are raised (b) how many raised actions are closed within the stipulated timescale – assumes ‘SMART’ (this latter item is probably best as a finite rather than a percent since [hopefully] activity is low)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users