Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

So i come in this morning to do my pre op and find, wait for it.................................the sanitation crew missed AN ENTIRE ROOM!!!!! ARGH. How is it possible to miss a whole room, the packaging room no less, the one in the whole building that is supposed to be my CLEAN ROOM.

Now, these are new employees, but this is week 4 for crying out loud. I do have company's lined up to sub out the work, but being as its Christmas time, no one can come until January.

Anyone else have a similar nightmare?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

WOW. Is this a company or a small business? 

I would think they would still be on the hook for cleaning it or making it right.  You have a contract, correct? Listing what, when and how things should be cleaned?  I would not let myself be scrambling for a sanitation crew when they messed up so mightly!! :thumbdown:

GOOD LUCK 

-Setanta         

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

MM yes I can understand how that can happen. Hell I've been known to lose WHOLE DAYS!!!! :giggle:

I hope they didn't sign the cleaning schedule to say it had been done!

Caz x

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

We are a smallish business, employee about 30 people total, BUT we process about 10000 birds a day......we will soon be switching to a contract company,,,,,,so not worth the headache

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

"I hope they didn't sign the cleaning schedule to say it had been done!"

If they're smart, no - it will be, I thought so-and-so did it.  In my house, A. doesn't happen, B. supervisor and his group comes back in to fix what they screw up C. because of B, C is rare.  Sanitation, of all groups, must have accountability - and recognition when they excel

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

At the yogurt plant they were supposed to clean up any yogurt they spilled or dripped on the floor at the end of the day.  One day I walked in and was told by someone in packing that the crew, when they shut down, that took the garbage to the dumpster left a yogurt trail down the hallway.  I checked and yes there was a line of yogurt that had sat out overnight.  

This was back when we only had one shift.  The next day we didn't start up right way because of some issue the batchers had with making the yogurt (it was greek not batched but whatever) and the offending people, whom had a personal relationship with the plant manager, were sitting around (they called it cleaning) in the break room.

So I rolled over to the plant managers office, being not management, and started to ream him out because his family and close friends left a yogurt trail and were now "cleaning" the break room the next day.  His response "What is the risk to the product?"

Hummm... I'm thinking PEST INFESTATION!  Why leave yogurt sitting around.  He thought I was a food safety firebrand.  I agreed.  The facts still remained that his family and friends, whom he shouldn't have hired in the first place, didn't give a crap about leaving yogurt just sitting overnight.

I was so happy when he was fired.  Now he's a quality manager at a different food manufacturing place.  Good luck to them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 98 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

At least it was just once Scampi! 

Unfortunately, this happens more than I'd like to admit. We have miles and miles of piping, and tons of new employees. Plus each line we run attaches to its own processor. So we have many occasions where supervisors are being pressed to get a line down, and start up another. When this happens (more often then not) They will pull the line staff off the line that has finished and take them to start sterilizing the next one to run, leaving the CIP for the next shift... well that CIP doesnt usually get communicated and the dirty line isnt found until an internal GMP check, or until they go to start it up and find product in the lines....  sad really. 

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

WOW :death:

This is why pre-ops should be done when sanitation is still there. (My old job)

I have a hard time communicating or getting my point across to sanitation when they're not there to see it first hand. I complete the pre-op report with pictures, but I like MM's method...SHAME SHAME

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Sanitation is almost always....more like always the biggest nightmare, from them hosing down expensive equipment with power washers, to million other things they do, managing sanitation has almost always been my biggest nightmare. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users