Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Thailand
    Thailand

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

Now I tried orange juice and found that the problem of the colour changes to orange juice is stored for a long time.The problem has two aspects.

1. Orange juice colour is weakening when contact Sunlight.

2. When stored for a long time, the colour is darker.

I used a sunset yellow in the trial.

How to resolve this problem.plaese 

Thank You 

Santichai

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 98 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

Please clarify. How long is a "long time"?

What type of colorant is this "sunset yellow" All natural? N&A? Artificial? MWNI? WONF?

At what level is the colorant being added?

At what time / temp are you processing the OJ?

Typically Natural Colors - those made from vegetable/fruit bases will weaken faster than artificial flavours, and brown faster due to the nature of the processing (being a genuinely natural ingredient) Ex. Squash based colors, look great, don't hold up very well. 

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:36 AM

Dear Santichai

as my experience colour change caused by pH Change.. so to make it stabil you should use buffer agent. What buffer agent that you used ?

Rgds

AS Nur

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

I was going to suggest pH as well.  Are all of your quality parameters on your current runs the same as the trial run?

We ran into a problem like this in the yogurt plant I worked at where we made one product exceptionally well during trial and then were never able to duplicate it.  What made it worse is that, on my own, during the trials I recorded every single thing the batch operators did, in what order, for everything... except this one product.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

One interesting point that I had an auditor point out to me since we always excluded R&D because we saw them as a separate entity to the plant is that R&D is not very good at traceability and keeping lot codes which in turn do not have a handle on their expiration dates. You opened the cupboards and you would find that there are an endless amount of containers with nothing written on them. To make a long story longer. If R&D says it needs a certain percentage of a certain color or certain flavor you need to make sure they're not using expired ingredients because when the time comes to get bulk fresh items you will be dealing with more potent ingredients. Hence, your live production will not come out like your plant trial.

polyphos

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Japan
    Japan

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

are there any other food additives that you are using?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users