Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

Next week is our SQF level 2 renewal audit. As I've been preparing for the last few months, my colleagues have been for the last week...

The initial SQF audit landed completely, squarely on me. This year I was told that those supervising production and warehouse would need to be involved.

The day after the 2 day audit we have a huge potential customer coming for a tour.

And 2 days of inventory.

Then a week off.

Then our USDA FSA audit...

If I have hair by the end of February it will be amazing!

Urban Explorer

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 51 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

Good luck! If management recognized the need to have more people involved in the audit, that is a good sign that things should go smoothly.  When others are held accountable, their attitudes toward success change rapidly.  As for the FSA... I do not envy you! I went through one where they found an issue and the EEIO came back every month for 6 months.

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

The nice thing is you will be well prepared for both the customer tour and the FSA.

FoodChick

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

Your preparation should have you well prepared so focus on that!  I feel your pain with my initial SQF Level 2 audit for my company coming up this week!  It's not my first initial SQF Level 2 audit, but first one with my current company!  I've been through the wringer lately with FDA audit, State Dept. of Ag audit, Fast Food company audit and Department of the Army audit.... but that should have me only more ready for this week.... right?!?!

I do have to vent that I thought the theory behind GFSI/SQF was that it would lead to fewer audits overall and customers would accept it as validation of food safety.... but I don't necessarily find that to be the case.  Everyone/every customer still wants their own audits!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

As night follows day you will get through this difficult period and you will come out the other side all the stronger for it.

The power of the IFSQN is with you. :smile:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Your preparation should have you well prepared so focus on that!  I feel your pain with my initial SQF Level 2 audit for my company coming up this week!  It's not my first initial SQF Level 2 audit, but first one with my current company!  I've been through the wringer lately with FDA audit, State Dept. of Ag audit, Fast Food company audit and Department of the Army audit.... but that should have me only more ready for this week.... right?!?!

I do have to vent that I thought the theory behind GFSI/SQF was that it would lead to fewer audits overall and customers would accept it as validation of food safety.... but I don't necessarily find that to be the case.  Everyone/every customer still wants their own audits!

Hi FoodChick,

Please see October's poll http://www.ifsqn.com...-safety-audits/ as of today 62.71% have not seen a reduction.

Pizza&Sandwich Hang In There!!! Every audit does make you stronger!!! You'll correct things before your next audit!!! You Can Do It!!!

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

In the words of my colleagues and Nietzsche, "That which does kill you makes you stronger"....in the words of Snookie, " I am strong enough!" 

Having others with you can be helpful. 

Hang in there!

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

In the words of Kelly Clarkson:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I,
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller

Pizza&Sandwich

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

I'm happy to report that we passed with a score of 98. The two minors were stretching it in my mind...but I saw some other things during the floor inspection that would've been minors...

Thanked by 1 Member:

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:54 PM

I'm happy to report that we passed with a score of 98. The two minors were stretching it in my mind...but I saw some other things during the floor inspection that would've been minors...

:thumbup: Congratulations...by the way we always see more than the auditor because who knows our process better than us?

I guess our words of encouragement worked.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

Congratulations!! :yay:  :thumbup:  :clap:

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Sometimes I used to point out the odd NC to an auditor to give a little more power to my elbow...that is if we were well on target for an A.

Well done Pizza & Sandwich. :clap:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

I had an auditor ask me once if there was anything I needed "help with".  Thought that was cool. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

CCP

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

Congratulations. We are having our first SQF level 2 next week, same story. I've been prepping for months, meanwhile the rest of the team has been waiting until this week. So much for demonstrating management commitment. At least we have been successful at maintaining A rated BRC certifications for the last five years. Hope things go well. From what I've been hearing from our sister plants, our scheduled auditor seems to be a bit of a maverick. Like others have said, I sure feel like we will come out the other side stronger. Maybe I will be able to take a couple days of vacation this year:)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users