Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

Can anybody tell me what specific requirements I must meet for Halal cleaning, specifically after running a pork product.

Thanks,

Pete

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

Hi Pete,

Halal is a purely religious scheme, not a science based scheme at all. Similar to kosher, it is under the "supervision" of the representative of your Halal certification organization.

I can tell you that the Imam that comes to perform supervision activities at my facility would revoke the certification if he found evidence or observed that pork were run on the same lines as Halal products. He insists that the Halal lines and utensils be dedicated strictly to Halal products. Only your Halal certification body representative can answer your question. It is like asking how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? The answer is faith based. There is no objective empirical answer. Some Halal organizations would not certify you if you had pork in the facility ever at all. It could very well be that your representative might allow it if you presented evidence of some cleaning procedure that satisfies his interpretation of the religious requirement.

Do you think that any two priests, two pastors or two rabbis would give the same answer to a question of what is god's middle name?

Regards

Dharmadi Sadeli Putra

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 161 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

Pete,

I live and work in country where majority of the people are moslem and my plant is Halal certified (and Kosher too). It's absolutely forbidden to use the same plant for both halal and non halal product. We are also required to provide Halal certification of any ingredients used, except those that naturally Halal  such as pure honey, sea salt, fish, water, etc.

Regards,

Avila

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users