Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,432 posts
  • 1337 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:11 AM

Hi Sutan77,

:welcome:

In order to get an appropriate answer you will need to provide more information such as the end product.

A simple way to start is to categorise your raw materials according to the risk. As an example for high risk 5 to low risk 1:

5 Materials that are in the end product but are not processed by yourself to remove any identified potential hazards

4 Materials that are in the end product but are processed by yourself to remove any identified potential hazards

3 Food contact packaging

2 Contact material - such as chemicals or lubricants

1 Non- food contact packaging

When assessing the risk the amount in the end product will also be a factor and so will your supplier assurance assessment, for example a history of supply without any issues or vice versa.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5676 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hi Sutan,

This recent post/thread is BRC oriented but probably still of general interest -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ier/#entry86714

The equation given near end of post was an attempt to summarize (some of ) Tony's previous comments.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

sutan77

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Active
  • 25 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for all your replies,

All materials I would like to assess is related to the actual finished goods. Therefore, all of them is further processing raw material to finished goods. We are making biscuits, chips and nutritional peanut bars and around 400+ SKU required to be risk assessed.

I have prioritised them with the $$ value of RM itself (a good start  :spoton:  ) but now need to categorise them based on high-mid-low risk. That is why I need some appropriate tools. HACCP analysis is not sufficed and it will put all in high risk due to microbiology or rancidity. Need other risk assessment tools that more appropriate   

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5676 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

It is unclear why you expect biscuits to be high risk due to microbiological hazards ?. Rancidity is typically not a FS-related hazard afaik.

HACCP as typically implemented is safety oriented.

A version of HACCP which is oriented to Quality/non-safety characteristics is demonstrated in SQF, Level3.

Other risk assessment tools do exist, eg FMEA.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,432 posts
  • 1337 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for all your replies,

I have prioritised them with the $$ value of RM itself (a good start  :spoton:  ) 

Hi Sutan,

If you were talking about an authenticity/possible fraud risk assessment I would agree but I think you are referring to a food safety risk assessment?

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users