- - - - -

Ayşegül

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

I need your opinions related the product that is thypical turkish type desert. I will explain what it include as ingredients and what is its process..

Ingredients:sherdded wheat, cows white cheese, cows butter

Process:
1-sherdded wheat is cutted into small parts
2-butter is melted
3-melted butter is poured on the sherdded wheat into small parts and mixedell
4-one part of buttered and sherdded wheat is spread on mold until obtaining certain thickness
5-white cheese is pğoured on the sherdded wheat on the mold
6-other part of sherred wheat is spread on white cheese as third layer on the mold
7-the mold is replaced under the press and pressed
8- pressed product with mold is frozen until -18 C and approx 90 min.
9-frozen products are put into plastic bags ands they are vacuuming or closed with other materials
10-stored in freezeoom until despatch into frigofrig trucks
11-consumer can cook it between 300-350 C in oven and then prepared sugar solution is poured on it then serve..

my questions:

1- Freezing process is that correct? what do you thinbk for the type of products?
2- their shelf life had been estimated 6 months in freezers.do you agree?
3- What do you think about the type of packaging process ( vacuum packaging can be preferbale to extend shelflife?There is the two disadvantage of vacuum packaging, ıt causes damge on the produtc and expensive. what can be done?
4- what can be proper packaging material for the product to keep shelf life long

Thank you very much for your opinions

Ayşegül

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,848 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

Anyone got experience with similar product?

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:25 AM

I need your opinions related the product that is thypical turkish type desert. I will explain what it include as ingredients and what is its process..

Ingredients:sherdded wheat, cows white cheese, cows butter

Process:
1-sherdded wheat is cutted into small parts
2-butter is melted
3-melted butter is poured on the sherdded wheat into small parts and mixedell
4-one part of buttered and sherdded wheat is spread on mold until obtaining certain thickness
5-white cheese is pğoured on the sherdded wheat on the mold
6-other part of sherred wheat is spread on white cheese as third layer on the mold
7-the mold is replaced under the press and pressed
8- pressed product with mold is frozen until -18 C and approx 90 min.
9-frozen products are put into plastic bags ands they are vacuuming or closed with other materials
10-stored in freezeoom until despatch into frigofrig trucks
11-consumer can cook it between 300-350 C in oven and then prepared sugar solution is poured on it then serve..

my questions:

1- Freezing process is that correct? what do you thinbk for the type of products?
2- their shelf life had been estimated 6 months in freezers.do you agree?
3- What do you think about the type of packaging process ( vacuum packaging can be preferbale to extend shelflife?There is the two disadvantage of vacuum packaging, ıt causes damge on the produtc and expensive. what can be done?
4- what can be proper packaging material for the product to keep shelf life long
Thank you very much for your opinions

Ayşegül

Hi Ayşegül

Just giving my view from a technical perspective.

1. There is nothing wrong with freezing until -18 C over 90 minutes if your product characteristics do not allow or minimizes multiplication or growth of bacteria during this process

2. Product Shelf Life Validation is easy enough to perform as 6 months is sufficiently short to gather test samples

3. This is a matter of cost and product appeal preference. You can even can it if you want so long as the packaging method is appropriate for the storage environment intended.

4. You need to look at overall product characteristics versus the optional preservation methods generally available for you.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users