MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

The forum did not accept a reply to the food defense questionnaire thread.  I tried twice, but I stopped because I didn't want it to eventually show up, since we can't delete duplicate posts.  Hopefully, this one will post.  Anyone else having this issue?

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

I just tried a test post in there Martha and it worked (I subsequently deleted it).

You managed to post this topic, I think maybe a temporary blip.

Can you try again and if it goes wrong we can always tidy it up.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

I'm trying again, since I had this issue from home before I left.  It hangs up at the "Saving Post" step when I reply.  I'm using Vista at home, on that computer, and Windows 7 here at work, so that may be the problem.  I could reply from there before, so it's something new.

I even replied to this area, pushing the "Post" button about 6 times.  It has never shown up.

It has been a bit sluggish to post for me recently.  I tend to post from home now because I'm getting busy at work, a good thing.

Let's see how this works...

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

I'm trying again, since I had this issue from home before I left.  It hangs up at the "Saving Post" step when I reply.  I'm using Vista at home, on that computer, and Windows 7 here at work, so that may be the problem.  I could reply from there before, so it's something new.

I even replied to this area, pushing the "Post" button about 6 times.  It has never shown up.

It has been a bit sluggish to post for me recently.  I tend to post from home now because I'm getting busy at work, a good thing.

Let's see how this works...

Martha

It obviously has worked.  My Internet at home is awesome, I'm an online gamer so it HAS to be good.  The Internet here is spotty.  So it's not the internet.

I'll try from my gaming computer when I get home, which is Windows 7 as well.

Martha

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:21 AM

Trying again from the Vista computer.

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:22 AM

Obviously, this is working fine now, so the site must not have liked my Vista computer that day.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:01 AM

Thanks for confirming Martha.  From time to time the server has a blip and I think it may have been experiencing some difficulties at that time.  Charles also had an issue around the same time.  Many apologies.  At least you now know for next time, perhaps just give it a few minutes until the website has finished its strop.

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

Hi Martha,

I use older desktops / laptop - XP on Pentium4(s) and occasionally, but infrequently, get temporary hiccups as per yr post. Probably one-step downwards from Vista.

Another user on same service/router with intel5/Windows 7 often (but not 100%) seems to get less hiccup when i cross-compare. My guess is that it's a bit of both ends and sometimes in-between as well. :smile:

I also found one particular USB mouse  gave some problems but only on one of the Pentiums. Reason unknown but presumably mainboard related.

I have found that one, often fatal, error if nothing (first) happens is to press again. IMEX there is a better chance of survival by (a) selecting the post content + CTRL-C as backup then (b) clicking  the "other options" button. But this may be Windows/PC sensitive.

Sometimes it's thunderstorms, even with a UPS. Presumably voltage swings (somewhere).

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users