• Quick Navigation
Photo

Who are the American Awarding Bodies for Food Safety Training?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

FS Pro

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:21 AM

Dear Sir,

Please advise some awarding bodies names for food safety/HACCP trainings other than High field Awarding of Compliance (HABC), Chattered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH). Basically, all of these are UK based Awarding bodies. Please advise American once if exist or any other than the list mentioned above.

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

Hi FS Pro,

I have a feeling that the word "Awarding" bodies as you have used it here has a different twist in American English. It leaves me uncertain of your exact meaning. If my intuitions fails me, please forgive it.

In the US. we have accreditation bodies for HACCP and Food Safety and accredited organizations, associations, laboratories, institutions, universities, States, consultants, and other businesses that are certified (certificated) to conduct training in HACCP and other food safety topics and issue certificates that attest to training completion, training achievement, continuing education etc. Some of the organizations here are international.

All these entities below either accredit, teach, train, evaluate, certificate, educate, certify or various combinations of these for HACCP and many other aspects of food safety and quality.

NSF (formerly Cook and Thurber)

SCS

SGS

ASI

AIB

Steritech

Silliker

NEHA http://www.neha.org/

National Restaurant Association's Serve Safe

International HACCP Alliance

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:22 PM

Good list, xylough. As far as HACCP training goes, there are a whole bunch of other public and private companies who provide training. As long as they are members of the International HACCP Alliance, or "certified" by them to conduct training, their training is deemed acceptable.

Marshall

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users