• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:37 PM

Hi all,

I've been trying to find some nutritional data for Bay Leaves.  

The only database I can find that has a publicly available nutritional value is the USDA site (all others seem to reference this info), however in New Zealand there is a category that we need to state which is not listed on the USDA database.

Basically, under the Carbohydrate category, I need a figure for sugars.  This is to work out a finished product nutritional panel (that bay leaves are an ingredient of).

Has anyone done testing themselves, or know of a database that I could get this information from?

Thanks

Murae

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

Hi Primadeli,

Is there a certified lab in your area/country that you can send batches of Bay Leaves to get tested for the sugars and any other category you require? 

Murae

Thanked by 1 Member:

primadeli

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:34 PM

Yep, Many labs, but we are a small company with a limited income and I didn't want to waste money doing this testing for an ingredient that is used in a small amount in only one product. Especially if the info is already available elsewhere.

I finally got a response from the supplier with an entire nutritional which, incidentally, is quite different to the USDA one.

But thank you to everyone who looked at this.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users