• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:18 AM

Hi Saferpakers,

In the EU Synoptic Document, which is a provisional list of substances that can be used for plastics and coatings intended to come in contact with foodstuffs is a list with restrictions and specifications given.
These are in the form of specific migration limits or maximum quantities permitted, etc.
I found plenty of information about testing methods for determining SML's but nothing on the rules that are used to translate scientific information into the restrictions.
Before I spend hours and hours on this subject, is there anybody on this forum who can help me further in were to find these rules?

Okido,

Remember to share good fortune with your friends

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:40 PM

Hi Saferpakers,
In the EU Synoptic Document, which is a provisional list of substances that can be used for plastics and coatings intended to come in contact with foodstuffs is a list with restrictions and specifications given.
These are in the form of specific migration limits or maximum quantities permitted, etc.
I found plenty of information about testing methods for determining SML's but nothing on the rules that are used to translate scientific information into the restrictions.

:whoosh:

Before I spend hours and hours on this subject, is there anybody on this forum who can help me further in were to find these rules?

Have you spent the hours and hours Okido, did you find what you were looking for elsewhere, can anybody else help Okido with this?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:07 AM

Have you spent the hours and hours Okido, did you find what you were looking for elsewhere, can anybody else help Okido with this?

I'm afraid this is the best of my knowledge EU practical guide 2003 and Okido's looking for the rationale behind all this stuff.
There is some mathematics on migration theory, no more than that.

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Pine Mong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

:whoosh:

Regards,
Simon

Okido,

IMO, no matter what types of the stimulant are. The law requires compliance with the SMLs for the end-use material or article in addition to the requirement of compliance with Overall Migration Limit, OML (=60 mg/kg food). You can read it from the attached document 2002/72/EC(Annex II)

Am I right?

Pine

Attached Files

okido

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:52 PM

Hi Forum members,

I have not spent much time on it yet, but probably it will going to happen.

Have a nice day, Okido

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users