• Quick Navigation
Photo

Ladies World Cup Soccer (or Football depending on where you live)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

Just a general Great Job to all the ladies who competed in the World Cup and a big shout out to the U.S. Ladies World Cup team for taking home the trophy for the 3rd time!

It was an amazing game to watch, as long as you weren't watching for the opposing team, with 4 goals scored in the first 16 minutes!  5-1 took the final game of the competition.  I would say that the Japanese team did play hard they just couldn't dissect the U.S. ladies team enough to catch back up.  In a game where the winning score is often 2 goals or less it would have been a miracle to come back once it was 4 - 0.  The 4th goal being a kick from mid-court that landed in the goal.

I will say that the Japanese goaltender had a severe disadvantage in the first half with the sun covering most to all of the goal area and the U.S. side being in the shade but that happens in sports games all the time.  Some odd disadvantages just happen.

Good job to all the ladies especially those who made it to the final game!

Bravo!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

Agreed.  The ladies played well.

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,840 posts
  • 1365 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

Love your American soccer commentary Mr I. :lol:

I watched a few matches and I have to say not a shred of diving, moaning, petulance or backchat to the referees, which is a welcome break from the men's game. All of the competitors should be proud of themselves for making such a great competition.  Congratulations to USA...they are the best by far.  :clap:

It's a pity England couldn't find a way past Japan in the semi-final, but at least we got one over on the Germans in the 3rd/4th place play off. Apparently we've never beaten them previously in 20 attempts.  Our girls surpassed themselves also.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users