• Quick Navigation
Photo

NZ/AUSTRALIA and GFSI schemes & GFSI too many schemes?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: AUSTRALIA/NZ AND GFSI (0 member(s) have cast votes)

NEW ZEALAND FOOD PROCESSORS: What GFSI scheme is your company certified to or going to certify to?

1. BRC (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. SQF (0 votes [0.00%])

3. FSC22000 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. IFS (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

AUSTRALIA FOOD PROCESSORS: What GFSI scheme is your company certified to or going to certify to?

1. BRC (0 votes [0.00%])

2. SQF (0 votes [0.00%])

3. FSC22000 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. IFS (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ragga

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:39 PM

Hi guys,

So it appears the way of our food safety world is all going GFSI I will soon be starting work on getting our plant certified to a GFSI recognised scheme due to a customer requirement. Initially was thinking of going BRC, but am now considering SQF2000. Anyway so when recently looking at a job opportunity in the local vicinity with a very reputable dairy company. The application questionnaire asked specifically how many years experience you've had working with FSSC22000 to which I would have to answer 0 years and even after years of working with either SQF or BRC would still have to answer 0. Which would obviously work against my favour.

So thereby GFSI has not only added audit duplicity(we will now need an extra 2 day audit on top of the 2x2 day audits we are currently doing for the same customer) but also because of having various scheme's has increased the amount training and knowledge required by quality professionals in the industry (different standards for same result). Which would probably affect those of us in small countries more so than the larger ones. I can imagine this being a pain for quality professionals in the consulting game also.

The poll is to know what's the "in thing" with respect to GFSI in industry.

Also keen to hear other feedback on this around the globe.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:40 AM

Hi Ragga,

I can see it will be a negative if you don't have experience but you can do your homework and declare that you have knowledge and understand the requirements of the specified standard.

For example I was interviewing applicants for a Technical Manager's role at a site which also had ISO 9001 certification. At the first interviews I asked questions regarding ISO 9001, even if someone didn't know the answers we didn't rule them out. There were 3 candidates that made it to 2nd interview, I asked exactly same questions to see if they had bothered to follow up and research the answers.

The 1st candidate at 2nd interview immediately said to me ' you asked me that last time and I told you I didn't know'. :doh: :rolleyes: :bop: :bye:

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users