• 166 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hi

Just putting it out there.....

I was wondering what people put in there induction packs for new starters. I am currently reviewing ours I was just interested to hear from others

Thanks

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

Aps,

Here across the pond at our small company, our packet starts of with basic expectations (start time, breaks, lunch, smoking areas, personal items on the production floor, where to get supplies, first aid, and who they should report to each day).  Also review with them the checklist their trainer will be evaluating them on over the next few weeks.  I let them know we meet with their trainer and then the new hire each week for a period to discuss what went well and what to work on fot the next week.  We also cover in the first 2-3 days;

Human resources:

1) payroll forms, insurance, retirement forms

2) emergency contact forms

3) union information (in our facility)

Food safety/Safety

1) A brief company history, what our product are used for and where we do business

2) All safety topics- chemicals used and how to protect yourself, fire/emergency procedures, hearing protection, locking out of   equipment, blood pathogen awareness, confined space, fall protection, and forklifts

3) GMPs, HACCP overview, food safety, food security, sanitation, Allergens, Pre-requise programs, and why is food safety important.

Im sure I am missing somthing and it seems like a lot but I never want to hear the excuse "no one ever told me that"

G

Thanked by 1 Member:
aps

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi gfdoucette,

This is unbelievable ! :thumbup:

You must have the most knowledgeable janitors in the Food Industry.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

Ask them again 2 weeks about items from it and BAM...deer in the headlights.  Janitorial duties are asigned to either specfic normal jobs or contracted through outside vendor.  But it does seem like alot, but some of the chemical, personal protective, labeling "stuff" is required via OSHA

G

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,231 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:43 AM

Although inconvenient I do this induction training needs to be proportionate to the role.

So I would suggest a primary induction for all staff covering HR, H&S, Food Safety and Hygiene followed by the more extensive topics mentioned in Food Safety 3) (GMPs, food safety, food security, sanitation, allergens, Pre-requise programs) by G for staff who have roles that can influence food safety and quality. I don't think I would cover all prerequisites on an induction, only key relevant ones.

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users