• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

Hi All,

I am currently working on a HACCP plan similar to KenLim (http://www.ifsqn.com...easoning-plant/).

This was the process from stated from Kenlim;

Receiving RM -> Storing / Staging -> Weighing / Batching -> Dumping and Sieving -> Mixing -> Packing -> Warehousing -> Shipping

What differs between us is that I do not have a sieving process neither do I have any kill step/microbial reduction step in the my process, is it possible for me to still gain HACCP accreditation?

All responses are very much appreciated, as I am wits end and really don't have a clue what to do!  :helpplease: 

3esa

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

hi,

it depends a lot on the product, what the risks are and how these are mitigated.  A kill step may not be necessary, as long as you're able to control risks with a good HACCP plan. 

I recommend you use the ASTA spice resources.  They're good guidance documents.

Thanked by 1 Member:

herdy

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Do you do microbial testing? I used to work at microbiology lab that also does sieve analysis. There was a flour mill as well as a spice manufacturer who sent us items for both every day from each lot... You could look into that. If you show you are testing at good intervals and have low enough counts, that could potentially be your proof you are taking care of your ccp.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users