Jump to content

  • Quick Navigation

OSHA regulations in Flexographic Printing

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Plastic Ducky

Plastic Ducky

    Grade - MIFSQN

  • IFSQN Member
  • 146 posts
  • 35 thanks

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas Texas
  • Interests:Food Safety, SQF Food Packaging, Nutrition, Conspiracy Theories (e.g. the food guide pyramid was corrupted by corporate interests and that's why we Americans are fat), Crypto-currencies, Netflix, Pluto TV, Church of FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monsterism).AND OH YEAH, ABOUT TRUMP, WE ARE SO FREAKING SORRY....

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

Hello All,


I realize that this is not SQF specific so forgive me if I am posting this inquiry in the wrong spot. 


I am attempting to identify all of the OSHA concepts we will be responsible for training employees on in our facility.



I have been around the OSHA web site without measurable success.


Does anybody have a good reference to where I may go to do this?




Thank you all for your time and help,



Plastic Ducky

#2 MWidra


    Grade - PIFSQN

  • IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 301 thanks

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:On the Beautiful Eastern Shore of MD
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

Plastic Ducky ( I love the name), the knee jerk answer to any legal/regulatory question is...it depends.


It depends on what hazards your workers are exposed to.  Do you use forklifts?  Then the operators need that training.  Is it a noisy workplace, over 85 dB all day?  Then you need a Hearing Conservation program.  All sites will need Emergency Response (how to get out of the building in a fire, or fight it).  All sites with any chemicals (and bleach is a hazardous chemical), needs a Hazard Communication (Haz Com) program.  Everywhere will probably need Lockout/Tagout (LOTO).


All the training requirements are in this wonderful publication. 




You won't need to look at the construction requirements or the shipyard, concentrate on the General Industry requirements that apply to what you have at your site. 


It takes time, but making up your own training materials that are specific to your site is the best way to go.  And  you're not paying someone big bucks to sell you something that you will have to modify anyway.


If you need some more specific help, IM me. 



"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl


"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Thanked by 2 Members:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

EV SSL Certificate