Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:29 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Dr. Lea Beltran Milan of Tarlac City, Philippines.   A practicing food technologist for 15 years  focusing on food safety and quality.  I worked in the food industry for seven years, started as quality assurance staff and ended as Quality Management Divison Supervisor and at the same time as  Research and Development Supervisor.  From the food Industry, I transfered to academe doing extension services  and teaching major subjects in Food Technology Department of Tarlac State University.   Likewise as my part time job and to promote my advocy on food safety, I'm working as Food Safety Technical Head Consultant/Trainer  for Safe Food Solutions-OHSEC, a private  company  here in the Philippines.

As extension service provider of the university,my task is mainly to conduct free technical consultancy servicesand trainings  for micro enterprises engaged in food processing and food services on the field of food safety, quality contro and quality assurance and product development.  Through undetaking I was able to come up a simplified approach of introducing the concept of food safety and quality, in the langauge, scope and resource capability of the micro entrepreneurs in the province.   From the technical concept to practical applications good for them to adopt  the application of food safety and quality principles in the workplaced!

Through this group , I hope to share my learnings , approaches , strategies and techniques that could help microenterprises in applying and promoting food safety and quality principles in their workplaces.   Im looking forward also for the sharing of the fellow food safety and quality advocates under this group to help me inspire and motivate food micro entrepreneurs to emrace food safety and quality !

fcchoi

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

Is this your intro Dr Lea????

jel

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 33 thanks
Good

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

Welcome from México

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

Welcome to the IFSQN.

:welcome:

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Ray Arcillas

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

Hi Dr. Lea, 

Welcome po!

I think that this is the right avenue where you can as you said "share my learnings , approaches , strategies and techniques that could help microenterprises."

Mr. Simon facilitates every Friday, a webinar on food safety. Maybe you can be a resource person there. Just make inquiries with him. 

I am glad to know that you, through the university, give free technical assistance. I think that our country needs more people like you. Mabuhay po kayo!.

best regards,

Ray

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users