• Quick Navigation
Photo

How we can change every glass in the factory?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

S_Richárd

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Hungary
    Hungary

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:48 AM

Can I ask something?

I'm new in this all, just started to learn now, but my boss gave that job for me to find how we can change every glass in the factory. The reason is that, we wanted to level up our HACCP and in our country we are the first how make this. So if somebody have a 10 mintues to answer my other questions please answer.

I'm waiting for answers.

Regards,
Richard

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

Can I ask something?

I'm new in this all, just started to learn now, but my boss gave that job for me to find how we can change every glass in the factory. The reason is that, we wanted to level up our HACCP and in our country we are the first how make this. So if somebody have a 10 mintues to answer my other questions please answer.

I'm waiting for answers.

Regards,
Richard

Hi Sanner Richard,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

I assume you are referring to items like windows ?

May i ask why yr boss wants to change every glass in the factory ? Change to what ?

What kind of product / process are you working with ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:33 PM

I assume you want to reduce the likelihood of glass breakage? You could replace all glass with perspex or other form of transparent anti-shatter plastic, or you could replace with anti-shatter glass, and I think there is a product available which you can apply to glass to make it anti-shatter.

All of this will cost money , so risk assess first to see if there is a risk of broken  glass getting into product.

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Sagar_J

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hi Richard, 

Please do a risk assessment before concluding which glasses you need to change. 

It may so happen that depending upon the location of the glass and the actual risk of glass splinters getting in the product in the event of a breakage, you may find that you actually will not have to change glasses. For e.g There may not a need to change glasses in office area far away from any open product.  

If in your risk assessment you find that you need to change glasses you can use from among a number of shatter proof glass, shatter proof covers discussed in the previous post.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users