Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

At our plant we keep a check-in log sheet on waste oil and ink. I do not find it to be completely accuate. I was wondering if this document could be eliminated and we use our recycle vendors that pick up the waste oil and ink as sufficient records. Reason being is that  they print out the weight that they pick up and provide us with an invoice with the amount picked up.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

brianweber

Brian

• IFSQN Senior
  • 293 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cheese, Coffee, Golf, Scrabble, Food Safety, HACCP, BBQing

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

I have just used the invoice that the company picking up the oil uses and have not had an issue with any auditors on it. As long as you can show where it went from your facility with a company that specializes in the disposal you are covered.

Brian

Thanked by 2 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

I agree with Brian, unless you have reasons for logging internally such as for product costing or waste per order then it will be far easier to get the collection company to do it.  Make sure you check up on them from time to time and definitely get the waste transfer notes for records.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users