• IFSQN Member
  • 160 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:51 AM

Hai guys,

We just finished our BRC audit yesterday, and Yes we got an A,  :rock: which is soooooooooooooo unfair. We almost got an AA Grade, but i guess the audit not only depend on the standard but also on auditors interpretation and tolerance in your almost non-conformance's. So, i guess what, another assignment was given to me, A Corrective actions for everything. :helpplease: So, if you have any suggestion, help me out please.

1. Previous finding on hazard identification is recurring. We forgot to include a hazard in our risk analysis which was raised on first BRC audit.

2. Lapse in the hazard identification of ingredients, forgot to include heavy metals which was identified by supplier

3. Lapse was noted in the implementation of the corrective action process.  all our internal audits have no root cause analysis. (we really made some but unable to document formally)

4.No mock recall scenario was identified to further verify the effectivity of the procedure (can you believe this? Is this really a NC?) 

PS. Guess what, my vulnerability assessment was soooo good according to the auditor, she was really amazed and give compliments. At least, i did something good.  :happydance:

Regards,

Joan

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:40 AM

Joan, not time just now to answer the corrective actions, but just wanted to say well done! 

An A grade is a fantastic result and you should be very proud of yourself and your team. :clap:

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Lelouch_rayne

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 160 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:04 AM

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot  :sleazy:

Well, there's nothing we can do to change the results, so we just ought to accept it.  :closedeyes:

But, i'm really proud of our team, teamwork is really the key to survive audit  :thumbup: . We're not just food manufacturing but also a DOCUMENT MANUFACTURING. lol....Just kidding  :biggrin:

Regards,

Joan

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:08 AM

Teamwork plus a lot of hardwork...agreed Joan.  

Is this your first audit or have you had many?

By the way it was announced I guess. :dunno:

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Lelouch_rayne

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 160 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:31 AM

A lot of hard work, almost two weeks of lack of sleep simon, my eye bugs are almost reaching my cheeks.

We had a lot of update every year, but still struggling during audit because the company still young (3 years in operation).

:death: Unannounced audit will be our death bed. We're still not capable.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:59 AM

You know what they say Joan...Perfection is a journey not a destination.  Small incremental steps towards perfection is what continual improvement is all about and these standards are designed to keep the pressure on and drive the necessary change. 

Unannounced audits are a few steps up the ladder and before too long they will become mandatory, I have no doubt about that.  We heard recently here in the UK that the Co-Op (a large retailer) now demand it from their supply base. 

We need to prepare now and if I were you I would use this within your business and ask what result would we have got on an unannounced audit and why and importantly what we need to do to improve to be 24/7/365 audit ready. 

It’s a tough task, but it’s the right thing to do as food safety shouldn’t have a day off...it can’t.}}

Regards,

Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users