I think it may be easier to post both of the programs here as they are less than one page long and relatively bulleted as it stands.
Approved Supplier Program
18.104.22.168 The Company has an Approved Supplier Program. This program considers the prior performance and history of a supplier, in addition to the risk level of the material item potentially supplied or service provided. The following information is required from potential suppliers and is necessary for the evaluation of a supplier:
- Agreed specifications between The Company and the supplier in question.
- A completed risk assessment to identify the risk level for each item supplied by an individual supplier.
- A written summary of the food safety controls implemented by the supplier.
- A copy of the supplier’s most recent regulatory audit score.
- A Letter of Continuing Guarantee.
- A current product specification sheet.
- A current product nutritional statement.
- A current product Safety Data Sheet (SDS), formerly Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- A recent Certificate of Analysis.
- An outline of a current HACCP Program.
- A completed Supplier Approval Questionnaire form.
Senior management and quality assurance shall review the above documentation and suppliers may be granted approved status in accordance to the following procedure:
- Senior management and Quality Assurance personnel shall discuss the required documentation outlined directly above upon their receipt.
- Suppliers adequately meeting or exceeding the requirements set by The Company shall be deemed acceptable and shall be granted approved status.
- Approved suppliers shall provide The Company with their most recent regulatory audit score on an annual basis or; The Company may send a qualified representative to perform their own regulatory audit and report their findings to senior management and the Quality Assurance Manager.
- For those approved suppliers providing a non-consumable item, a Certificate of Conformance shall be received from the supplier and shall state that all referenced product/material meets all regulatory requirements, standards, and specifications.
Suppliers granted approved status shall be reviewed on an annual basis by members of senior management and Quality Assurance. The reviews are to take into consideration the product risk assessment, if changed, supplier performance, and documentation. In addition, the reviews shall also consider punctuality of deliveries, adequacy of trailer locks/seals, documentation provided (such as invoice, BoL, CoA) for each shipment, and active certificate of liability insurance.
A supplier “score card” shall be completed by senior management and/or Quality Assurance to evaluate approved suppliers in the areas mentioned immediately and will serve as documentation to demonstrate the annual evaluation of approved suppliers has taken place.
Supplier Validation Program
In addition to an Approved Supplier Program, The Company also has a Supplier Validation Program. This program is necessary to protect raw materials and products manufactured by The Company. This program states the following:
- All approved suppliers shall follow all current federal, state, and local laws.
- All suppliers shall follow Food Safety Act’s section 104, standards for safety, to be regulated under 21 CFR part 112 upon release of the enforceable regulation.
- All suppliers shall abide by Food Safety Act’s section 103, GMPs and Hazard Analysis, to be regulated under 21 CFR 110 and 117 upon release of the enforceable regulation.
- All suppliers shall have a HACCP program, current GMPs program, Recall and Traceability Program, SOPs, and Food Safety Program.
- As general requirements, all suppliers shall monitor water quality, employee training guidelines, usage of sewage, equipment sanitization, handling of products, transportation of products, and hazard analysis and sources of contamination.
- All suppliers shall maintain traceability records as required under the Food Safety Act.
- All suppliers shall be regularly audited through a GFSI recognized certification body and must provide the results upon request.