• Quick Navigation
Photo

Gap analysis for PRP´s HACCP and PRP's ISO 22002-1?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

lostvaldivia

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Chile
    Chile

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:59 AM

Hello,

My company is a small plant of frozen fish. We planning to implement HACCP prerequisites
homologated for a future PRP FSSC22000.

can you help to me with a gap analysis for PRP´s HACCP and PRP's ISO 22002-1? 

What are the differences between these two?

Many thanks,

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:38 AM

Hello,

My company is a small plant of frozen fish. We planning to implement HACCP prerequisites
homologated for a future PRP FSSC22000.

can you help to me with a gap analysis for PRP´s HACCP and PRP's ISO 22002-1? 

What are the differences between these two?

Many thanks,

Hi lostvaldivia,

(1) The requirements for PRPs in "haccp" typically relate to your GMP program and your hazard analysis including some involved with both.

The choice of PRPs for an arbitrary "haccp Plan" is likely to relate to whomsoever is going to audit the Plan. For example in USA, FDA audit seafood haccp plans and also publish a list of the minimum activities required to be covered by PRP programs. Additionally some control functions generated within the hazard analysis may also be designated as PRPs if preferred/allowed.

if so permitted.

(2) If the choice is solely up-to-you, you could simply use iso 22002-1 and select from the listed PRPs as appropriate to yr GMP program/Hazard analysis. Or use the list from USFDA.

(3) For fssc22000, you presumably need to implement the list of PRPs given  in iso22002-1, unless the activity is not relevant to yr system.

Regarding differences, it depends on you/ yr process/system. for example you may not personally consider food defence a neccessity in(2). iso apparently does in (3).

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users