• 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

In Haccp, what is difference between,

- HACCP reassessment & HACCP review ?
- Issue number  & REV number ?

kindly, In detail, with examples, Please.!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5670 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

In Haccp, what is difference between,

- HACCP reassessment & HACCP review ?
- Issue number  & REV number ?

kindly, In detail, with examples, Please.!

Hi Mohamed,

I have seen the first pair used interchangeably. i think there is no difference.

Issue number afaik can refer to any issue including the original version. Revision number typically excludes the original for obvious reasons.

If you believe there is some other difference, it may depend on the sentence where you have seen these terms which perhaps you can post.

PS - Welcome to the Forum :welcome:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

mohamed gamal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:52 AM

@ Charles. C

Thanks Mate,

Now i've just joined a compan, they asked me to review HACCP Manual.

I can't see issue number for HACCP manual or even in DCR (document change record)

manual is coded as ( HACCP MANUAL REV 07, AUG 26th 2015     DCR # 94)

I see that much amendments are needed, including HACCP team, product categorization , plan, .....

1- these kind of amendments shall mean a new issue number  or revision number 

2- I guess that ISSUE # should be mentioned in HACCP manual, IS it ?

Thanks in advance 

BrummyJim

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 329 posts
  • 117 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Motorbike gone now. Only the dog to walk!

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hi Mohamed,

We use the issue number to reflect which version of the standard it applies to. For example, we are BRC, so all documentation is issue 7. The revision started at 01 for the first release of issue 7 docs and increases when a document is revised. So most of our docs are issue 7 revision 01, with some at revision 02, 03 etc. Looks like your company is following a different approach.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5670 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hi Mohamed,

The format may depend on the intended FS Standard to be audited but typically this only specifies the information required to be included, eg Rev.No. so the exact format is up-to-you.

There is a near- infinite variety of HACCP Plan presentations within a basic Codex-like structure in use which may dictate the preferred format style but IMEX the choice is often related to things like (a) the documentation system, eg whether various manuals A,B,C etc are used, (b) the style preferred by author for making revisions in the documents, eg re-issuing the whole manual for every change, only re-issuing the chapter/section/page etc etc, (c) the method of approving documents before issuance, and so on. :smile:

IMO the simplest approach is to keep re-issuing the whole manual after a change  if you have loads of processing power and it's not encyclopedic in size. This allows easy use of Issue numbers.  Unfortunately i didn't have that luxury and i found the alternatives can get quite tiring in complexity. It may be different if you have a nice  "Documentation team" to pass the buck onto.

It can also be useful to imagine that you are an auditor and need to be able to move smoothly through the manual in respect to the auditable clauses in the related FS Standard (if any). Any excessive freakiness of documentation style can get rapidly confusing/irritating.

PS - with reference to previous post, i used Ver. for BRC because i had already used Issue in the HACCP manual.

But it's ultimately up-to-you/your system of course

Edited by Charles.C, 02 March 2016 - 11:35 AM.
added PS

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

Perhaps:   Review = any nonconformances?  HACCP Plan is not changed and maintains adequate control if followed.  Issue is nonconformances, not the plan.

Reassessment  = does anything need to be changed, added or deleted from the HACCP Plan?  Issue is the plan, new controls needed. 

New process, products or machines may require new controls.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users