Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:04 PM

Mods please move if this is not the appropriate board. In developing our SSOPs and the accompanying sanitation checklists/logs, I came across a rule somewhere (possibly in the GMPs or Food Code) that said that a checklist item literally had to be checked, or "S" satisfactory/"U" unsatisfactory, or "Y" yes/ "N" no, or whatever the line item is requiring. It CANNOT have items lined through or "dittos". For the life of me, now I can't find where I read that... 

We have employees just drawing straight lines all the way down the entire cleaning log checklists and initialing at the bottom, or using " in each box. Of course when I tell them it has to have an actual check-mark in each item acknowledging its completion they want to see where it's required and I can't find anything now. 

I do believe the same document also said "full dates must be recorded".

Assistance please :) thank you!

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

Mods please move if this is not the appropriate board. In developing our SSOPs and the accompanying sanitation checklists/logs, I came across a rule somewhere (possibly in the GMPs or Food Code) that said that a checklist item literally had to be checked, or "S" satisfactory/"U" unsatisfactory, or "Y" yes/ "N" no, or whatever the line item is requiring. It CANNOT have items lined through or "dittos". For the life of me, now I can't find where I read that... 

We have employees just drawing straight lines all the way down the entire cleaning log checklists and initialing at the bottom, or using " in each box. Of course when I tell them it has to have an actual check-mark in each item acknowledging its completion they want to see where it's required and I can't find anything now. 

I do believe the same document also said "full dates must be recorded".

Assistance please :) thank you!

Hi Bbekbekk,

What you're referencing is GDPs (Good Documentation Practice). Essentially, when completing records and maintaining them, one should be using GDPs as part of GMPs.

Dittos are not allowed, and from what I understand, you can have a single line through an item (to cross it out). However, that line has to be initialed and a comment provided as able. However, employees definitely are not supposed to use the vertical arrow or straight lines down the paper to indicate the information is the same throughout. Each line has to be filled out with the proper information.

We go through this from time to time, and have to advise people on how to properly follow GDPs. Here's a link to some information on GDPs.

http://pharmout.net/...n-practices.pdf

QAGB

Thanked by 1 Member:

bbekbekk

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

Exactly what I needed, thank you!

I remember so much of what I read, and spit out requirements all the time... but I don't always remember which regulation I read them out of :giggle:. So when someone asks me to verify, I get flustered lol.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users