Wowie

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, Reading, Backpacking, Traveling, Good Friends, Good Drinks, Good Music

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

Hi, guys.

I'm working on a few things on a HACCP plan at a new plant, and have noticed something being documented quite differently than I am used to. My knee-jerk reaction is to take this in my own direction, but I wanted to see the community's thoughts on it before I do.

The Reassessment Log included in the HACCP Plan is pretty thorough. In the event of an unforeseen hazard or other anomaly that requires the Food Safety Team to meet, I have always held a documented Food Safety Team Meeting. A RCA/CAPA and the decision of the Food Safety team to change or not to change the HACCP plan was documented and signed. I've never included this in the HACCP Reassessment/Revision Log, although it has been available for review in a separate folder. If the team decided we needed a change to the HACCP plan (as small as removing a troublesome piece of equipment, or adding a small step into the HAZARD Analysis), I would do the same document, update the HACCP plan, get all required signatures, and add it to the Reassesment/Revision log.

It appears every time there's been one of these meetings a note is added to the Reassessment Log that states "HACCP Team meeting due to positive result." Comments: "No Changes Made" and then the plan is re-signed. I've never re-signed for each Listeria, or SLM, or Campy finding before, and I'm wondering what you guys think and how you handle similar occurrences in your HACCP plans. 

Watanka

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 109 posts
  • 50 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hi Wowie,

We are a small, privately held company and use essentially the same method you are accustomed to.  Larger companies, public companies, may have different requirements based upon risk analysts working in concert with attorneys.  Good luck!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Wowie

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, Reading, Backpacking, Traveling, Good Friends, Good Drinks, Good Music

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:06 PM

Hi Wowie,

We are a small, privately held company and use essentially the same method you are accustomed to.  Larger companies, public companies, may have different requirements based upon risk analysts working in concert with attorneys.  Good luck!

Thank you, Watanka! Oddly enough, I came from a much larger company with the previous method. It's the smaller private company where I'm finding the reassessment done a way that's unusual to me. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users